Re: Sim walking through walls and objects

by Sirronblack

Original Post

[NEEDS SAVES] Sim walking through walls and objects (Patch 1.61)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? 1.61.15.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them except for the Tiny Living.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Build a small house with limited (but functional) space and command them to go somewhere
What happens when the bug occurs? The sim walks through the wall and objects
What do you expect to see? Sims not walking through walls
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I've built a small but functional house and my sim keeps walking through doors and objects.

Edit: looking at it again, the house was downloaded from the gallery but the tag said that no mods were used. When furnishing I did use moveObjects cheat but still, sims should not be able to walk through walls. 

Edit by crinrict: Removed Tiny Living reference from title as it still seems a general issue.

Message 1 of 56 (10,267 Views)

Hero
@Sirronblack Do you have a specific house you see this ? Could you upload that to the gallery ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 56 (10,198 Views)

Hero
@Sirronblack Could you upload your house to the gallery ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 56 (10,111 Views)
Highlighted

★ Apprentice

I apologise, I somehow missed your last message, I'll upload it to gallery and then will report back. 

Message 4 of 56 (10,093 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@crinrict Uploaded! I forgot that I downloaded the original lot off the gallery. I did use the moveObjects cheat when refurnishing but still, sims should not be able to walk through walls. 

Message 5 of 56 (10,081 Views)

General routing issue

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.62.67.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Island living, get famous, cats and dogs, city living, get together; get to work, realm of magic, strangerville, vampires, outdoor retreat, tiny living, vintage glamour, spooky stuff, cool kitchen
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Sims and pets walking anywhere
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims clip through walls and objects. Seem to be stuck but walking still and eventually 'free' themselves. Sometimes walk through walls.
What do you expect to see? Walk around objects
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.62.67.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Island living, get famous, cats and dogs, city living, get together; get to work, realm of magic, strangerville, vampires, outdoor retreat, tiny living, vintage glamour, spooky stuff, cool kitchen
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Sims and pets walking anywhere
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims clip through walls and objects. Seem to be stuck but walking still and eventually 'free' themselves. Sometimes walk through walls.
What do you expect to see? Walk around objects
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Message 6 of 56 (9,952 Views)

Re: General routing issue

★★★★★ Guide
@jbmeestbc I find it so odd that the game restricts us with object placement (unless bb.moveObjects is on) but Sims constantly ignore restrictions and phase through objects or walls and doors etc. Like why does it matter which direction a door swings if the Sim is just going to walk through it anyway?
Message 7 of 56 (9,825 Views)

Re: General routing issue

★★★ Novice
@Bearpal64 My sims constantly clip through tables, chairs, walls, railings and counters. Some of them just walk through walls entirely. For me it seems to get worse the more packs I buy 😞 the game gets glitchier so it really puts me off buying packs
Message 8 of 56 (9,783 Views)

Sim talking through walls

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.134.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All Expansions, All Game Packs, and All Stuff Packs
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a Sim who gardens regularly and talks to the plants autonomously
What happens when the bug occurs? My sim usually talks to the plants on the vertical planters with eco lifestyle, but he talks to the plants through the walls in another room to the greenhouse.
What do you expect to see? I want to see my sim enter the room before he starts talking to plants
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

My sim autonomously talks to plants and every so often he would go to talk to plants on his vertical garden, and he would talk to them through the walls in the other room rather than going inside the greenhouse.

EDIT: I've noticed that this talking through walls bug isn't exclusive to talking to plants. My sim was presenting his municipal concept to another sim and he actively went outside and started talking to a sim inside the house, through the wall. Sim's don't seem to realise there's a wall.

Message 9 of 56 (9,709 Views)

Re: Sim talking through walls

Hero
@WizardJeremyArch I merged your post with the current bug report on this.

Please click me too on the first post.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 56 (9,641 Views)