Re: Sim travelling in group by default

by CultOfLoz

Original Post

★★★★ Novice
@alanmichael1 😂😂😂 Your sim looks how I feel! I'm glad you're getting a kick out of it, either way.
Message 11 of 73 (5,016 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Had a quick look around the all-knowing internet, it seems it is actually a game feature and not a bug! I'm absolutely gutted that they thought this would be fun enough to be a game feature, meanwhile I spend 8 hours today trying to get rid of it 😂😅

I could almost handle one clingy roommate, but 3-4 per trip is taking the biscuit! 

Message 12 of 73 (5,003 Views)

Hero
@alanmichael1 That's a great picture.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 13 of 73 (4,977 Views)

Unwanted household members accompanying sims on dates

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.59.73.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Seasons, City Living, Get Together, Get to Work, Strangerville, Jungle Adventure, Outdoor Retreat, Spa Day, Holiday Celebration, Digital Deluxe Upgrade
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Take any sim(s) on a date while leaving at least one member of your household at home.
What happens when the bug occurs? The household member(s) who should be at home show up on the same lot as the outing. The camera does not zoom to the unwanted household member(s) - the outing proceeds as normal for the selected sim. However, there are no options to "care for self," etc. on the household member(s), and when you select them, you will find them just standing on the lot. You cannot choose to send them home because it says there is an active event and they cannot leave. 
What do you expect to see? I expect the household member(s) that are not part of the date to stay at home and be controllable with the "care for self" and other options. I do not expect non-invited household members to show up on the same lot as the date.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Not sure. I suspect after the Nov 2019 patch.
Please describe the patch or change you made. I first noticed the problem while I was playing on my laptop while on vacation. I installed the game for the first time at that point - I think the date would have been approximately December 2nd 2019. I am home now and playing on a desktop computer that already had the game installed. I updated to version 1.59.73.1020 just today.

Screenshots show:

• at the start of the date, all is good
  • but soon after, my household members lose the "care for self" options
  • the selected ("wanted") sim is on a date on the lot, but the household members are also on the lot
  • first one unwanted household member is selected, unable to go home because she's part of the outing
  • then the other unwanted household member is selected (note that they all have the floating "group member" crystal thing above their heads)
  • wanted sim is shown on the date, while the cursor hovers over an unwanted household member who is unable to go home

*EDIT*: also unwanted sims Energy needs go down. Before they were dragged along on this date, they had full Energy. But their Energy need went to halfway when they showed up on the lot. When they went home, they retained the decreased Energy need status. Only the intended/wanted sim that was supposed to be on the date was unaffected.

Message 14 of 73 (4,963 Views)

Re: Unwanted household members accompanying sims on dates

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

So I just wanted to reiterate that this is absolutely happening.

Edit: I thought this was happening on all outings but I was mistaken. As far as I can tell, it's only happening with dates. 

I know it can't be just me having this problem!? I'm going to try it with a new test household, but this is already the second time I've had the same issue - on 2 different computers, with entirely different games. No mods or custom content on either. 

Message 15 of 73 (4,926 Views)

Hero
@apincas I merged your post with an already existing thread so yeah, not just you.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 16 of 73 (4,924 Views)

Random Sims show up on lot when coming back from travel

★★ Apprentice

When I travel somewhere and my sim's come back home there are always random sims, generally several toddlers and adults standing around with them like they all arrived home together. but they all disappear not long after they show up. It's not a big deal for gameplay purposes but it's weird.

Message 17 of 73 (4,720 Views)

Re: Random Sims show up on lot when coming back from travel

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Dannakyri Could you please edit your post and fill out the bug form ? Seems you weren't prompted for it.

Editing should help with that.

Moving this to tech for troubleshooting

Are you sure you didn't select them to travel with you ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 18 of 73 (4,712 Views)

★ Novice

3 years later and I'm having this issue as well! Every time my sims try to go on a date, the whole household (including babies in cribs!) comes too. 

Message 19 of 73 (4,629 Views)

why do my sims travel as a household when not invited?

★★★ Newbie

My sims keep travelling as a household as well as random people when i just want to take one person out. ive repaired the game and nothing.

Message 20 of 73 (4,624 Views)