by CultOfLoz

Original Post

[OPEN] Sim travelling in group by default

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.58.63.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansion packs, Strangerville, Jungle Adventure, Parenthood, Vampires, Outdoor Retreat, My First Pet Stuff, Movie Hangout Stuff, Spooky Stuff, Cool Kitchen Stuff and the Holiday Celebration Pack
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Make a sim travel to a community lot from a dorm
What happens when the bug occurs? My sim travels in a group when there is no group selected. I am forced to choose the option "disband group" upon arrival at community lot.
What do you expect to see? My sim to travel alone.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. November 2019 patch and installation of Discover University expansion pack

This is driving me nuts! Every time I ask my sim to travel from her dorm to a community lot she is followed by an entourage she didn't ask for! I have to go into actions and "disband group" every time she travels.

I did have CC in my game but I've removed it all for testing purposes. I've even tested the game on a new save with a new sim and the bug still persists.

I've repaired my game and created a new Sims 4 folder. I'm about to completely uninstall my game and see if that fixes the issue. 

I'm so completely disappointed at how game-breaking the new patch and expansion pack have been. Altogether I've put in about 26 hours just trying to fix various issues with absolutely no luck. 

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag

Message 1 of 73 (14,248 Views)

Re: Sim travelling in group by default

Hero
@CultOfLoz When you get the travel screen who you want to take along, are they selected ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 73 (14,231 Views)

★★★★ Pro

Confirmed! My Sim is often followed by one roommate whom I didn't select (for example when travelling to ROM though the follower is not even a witch).

Message 3 of 73 (14,225 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@crinrict No one is selected in the travel screen, I had even taken to selecting and then deselecting every sim in the box just to make double sure! 😂
Message 4 of 73 (14,211 Views)

Hero
@CultOfLoz Does it only happen at uni or generally in all worlds ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 73 (14,179 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Hi, this is happening to me too. I assumed since the dorm roommates were all meant to have different (variously annoying) traits, one of them was 'clingy' and that was why she was constantly following my main sim everywhere. But is it a bug?

Message 6 of 73 (14,170 Views)

★★★★ Pro
@KLoxxon That's a great explanation!! My follower is really clingy and constantly chatting into my homework.
Message 7 of 73 (14,163 Views)

Hero
@alanmichael1 You have a stalker

Does it affect travelling to all worlds ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 73 (14,158 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@KLoxxon I'd be tempted to agree, although it's not always the same person/people who follow her around. It's almost like it was whoever was on the lot with her when she decided to travel.
@crinrict I'm unable to confirm because I just uninstalled my entire game, started fresh and it's stopped happening. I'll keep play testing for a few hours and let you guys know what else I come up with.
Message 9 of 73 (14,146 Views)

★★★★ Pro

@crinrict OMG yes, I just travelled alone to a cheap restaurant in Brindleton Bay - and there she is, in an ... äh ...  outfit that I never saw on her. I must say, if this is a creepy feature then I like it. My Sim looks pretty terrified.

Message 10 of 73 (14,141 Views)