Original Post

Highlighted

[NEEDS INPUT] Sim starts painting and then plays basketball instead

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.134.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them except for: Eco Lifestyle, Tiny living and Spa Day
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Get a sim to start painting on a canvas
What happens when the bug occurs? A sim will start painting using the deluxe all season canvas. After a few sim minutes, they immediately stop painting, and they get the action to go play basketball, even though they weren't told to.
What do you expect to see? The sim completes the painting or continues painting until otherwise instructed.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Latest patch installed on 5th June.

Have tried resetting sim, resetting object, buying a new canvas and starting a new painting. 

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 6 (348 Views)
Highlighted

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Sim starts painting and then plays basketball instead

Hero
@b1brittany Is it just painting that's affected by basketball ?

On which lot is your Sim living ? I take it you have a basketball hoop on the lot ?

Happy Gaming
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 6 (303 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I’ve not noticed it happening with any other activities but it only started today after I updated the sims 4 patch. 

My sim is living in Sulani on one of the 50x50 lots (kind of centre right). Not sure what it’s called! 

EDit: Oh and yes I have a basketball hoop on the lot.

(post merge) - Atic 

Message 3 of 6 (289 Views)
Highlighted

Hero
@b1brittany OK. Thanks

Happy Gaming
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 6 (257 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Newbie

I'm having this one, where she started to paint, but then kept wanting to go play b-ball instead. It took four or five tries to complete the painting. At the time I was having this one, the only mod I use regularly, UI Cheats, wasn't installed because of the new patch.

Message 5 of 6 (187 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Novice
@ThyEndlessWait I've found a temporary work around for this - if you select "resume painting" twice (queue it up twice) your sim should continue the painting until they're finished. The bug seems to only happen when the action is queued once. Hope that helps! Standard smile
Message 6 of 6 (151 Views)