Original Post

Accepted Solution

[OPEN] Sim not using counters in kitchen to prep food

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.54.120.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Holiday Celebration Pack
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have counters in rooms other than the kitchen, then have a Sim cook anything.
What happens when the bug occurs? The Sim will go somewhere far away in the house where there is a counter, and prep the food there. Sometimes, the Sim will refuse to go back to the kitchen to actually cook the food, so it ends up not being made.
What do you expect to see? The Sim preps food on the kitchen counters, then cooks the food in the kitchen.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Usually, the Sim leaves the kitchen to either the terrace or the bathroom to prep the food, and sometimes comes back to cook on the stove/oven, and sometimes just says that they're unable to go back.

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag

Message 1 of 19 (9,565 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] Sim not using counters in kitchen to prep food

[ Edited ]
Community Manager (retired)

Marked as Solution for Visibility Purposes Only

Anyone still seeing this issue? If so, could you share a save file with me where you've seen it occur? You can DM the link to me, thanks for the help!

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Tea...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

View in thread

Message 8 of 19 (9,119 Views)

All Replies

Re: Sim not using counters in kitchen to prep food

Hero
@HootOwl18 I've not had any issues with this since they fixed this.

Could you upload your house to the gallery and post your gallery user name (if different from here) and the name of the house ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 19 (9,507 Views)

★★★ Novice

@crinrict wrote:
Could you upload your house to the gallery and post your gallery user name (if different from here) and the name of the house ?

I've uploaded the house to the gallery. Gallery user name should be the same as on here. The name of the house is "Kimoto Dragon Lair".

Message 3 of 19 (9,481 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@HootOwl18 I can see that bug still happening on your house. Wonder if they brought it back.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 19 (9,469 Views)

Hero

@HootOwl18 

Did some more testing and it's actually the pot rack bug that hit your game. Can you try removing that and see if it then works ? 

I didn't have my Sim go to a different room to use a counter at all.

Before it just failed in the mittle but that was because of the pot rack.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 19 (9,420 Views)

★★★ Novice

@crinrict wrote:

Did some more testing and it's actually the pot rack bug that hit your game. Can you try removing that and see if it then works ? 

I removed the pot rack and it seems to be allowing the Sim to return cooking on the stove. Will check later if the Sim still uses a counter somewhere else.

Message 6 of 19 (9,411 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Sim not using counters in kitchen to prep food

★★★★ Novice

I have noticed this problem since the most recent patch (released on 11/11/19 I believe). My Sims will make food anywhere but the kitchen really. 
I have seen this problem in most of my households, in all my saves and it happens nearly every time I ask a Sim to cook. 
One of my households has three different trailers on one lot (sort of like a mini-trailer park)  and the Sims always run to another trailer's kitchen to use the counter, even though they have a perfectly good counter in their own trailer. 
Another instance that I have seen in my game is sims walking to different levels to prepare food. For example I have another household with only two sims. They have a large kitchen with tons of counter space and yet they still walk downstairs to the basement to prepare food in the laundry room. Once it's prepared they then walk back up to the kitchen to either set it down (if food is ready) or to use the stove to finish the meal. 
The counters in the kitchen do have some appliances on them (Tea brewer, coffee machine and microwave, as well as a dishwasher under the counter) as well as some decorative objects (mug rack, sunflowers in a vase from painter career, paper towel roll), but the majority of the countertop is free for use.
I play on a MacBook Pro and I have Seasons, Parenthood, Laundry Day and the Holiday Stuff pack installed, no Mods or CC, and the game is up to date with all patches.  

Message 7 of 19 (9,326 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager (retired)

Marked as Solution for Visibility Purposes Only

Anyone still seeing this issue? If so, could you share a save file with me where you've seen it occur? You can DM the link to me, thanks for the help!

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Tea...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 8 of 19 (9,120 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

@HootOwl18it's been happening again :/ here's my current savefile, started it on july - no mods.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1PxNGeS0pJsIrDRV75PQVW-J0kd21axWZ/view?usp=sharing

(Merge post) - Atic 

***EDIT: August 16 2020 issue seems to be fixed***

Message 9 of 19 (8,554 Views)

★★★ Novice

Everywhere that I have read, the bug where your sims refuses to use the kitchen counter has been fixed.  I disagree.  My sims seems to use the farthest away counter space to prepare their food.  I tried everything including removing literally everything from the kitchen, walls, wall décor, tables and chairs; everything save the fridge, countertop, stove and sink.  My sim still use the furthest countertop, which is located all the way in the living room.  I cannot for the life of me figure out why.  Any suggestions will help.

You can find the house in question on my gallery, of the same name, entitled "Industrial Dream".  Please help.  I put several hours into this build and cannot for the life of me figure out why it won't work. 

Message 10 of 19 (6,466 Views)