Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [V] Sim not affected by weather

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? n/a
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? The sims 4 Season, City Living, Get Together, Get to work, Jungle adventure, Parenthood, Vampires, Dine out, Spa day, outdoor retreat, Laundry day, toddler, Fitness, Bowling night, Vintage glamour, Romantic garden, movie hangout, cool kitchen, perfect patio, luxury party.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? In winter, any weather and blizzard Put themorstat to cold, turn off every fireplace, wear summer clothes or sleepwear, stay inside for a day/stay outside for a day. In summer, any weather and heat wave Put thermostat to hot, turn on every fireplace, wear winter clothes, stay inside for a day/stay outside for a day.
What happens when the bug occurs? The sim won't get any weather related moodlets.
What do you expect to see? The sim to get a weather related moodlet.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

So, my sim will not be cold or hot. Like, i turn off the thermostat and every fire place, I make the sim wear hot clothes and either inside or outside she will not have any sight of a cold related moodlet. Same thing with hot, winter clothes on, fireplaces on, no hot moodlets or anything. The sim doesnt have any trait from the sims 4 season like cold resistant and other things. Tried to repair the game, tried with and without mods. Nothing changed.

Message 1 of 35 (5,866 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Sim not affected by weather

Hero

Cured Vampires will now change body temperature. Why you gotta be so cold?

Fixed in Patch 1.52.100

Be aware that this is by design for Vampires.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 35 of 35 (4,763 Views)

All Replies

Re: Sims 4 season weather

[ Edited ]
Hero

Did you check your seasons settings if the option is set there ?

If it's set, try resetting your user files as described in the factory reset described in this post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps-amp-Known-Issues/m-p/3621199

You won't loose anything. Just make sure to not delete any files  and make a backup.

After renaming, repair your game by right clicking on the game in Origin.

Try on a new game with nothing added back first (start new game). If it works, put back your save game and try again. If it still works, you can start putting stuff back.

• Options.ini (or just re-set all your settings manually)
  • Tray Folder
  • Screenshots/Videos/Custom music
  • Rest of the save games (leave out slot_00000001.save which is the autosave and no longer needed - if you still have it)
  • Custom content like clothing, hair, skins, make up ....
  • Mods (one by one, making sure they all still work)

The rest does not need putting back, cause they are mostly cache files that recreate or log files that are not needed for the game.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 35 (5,800 Views)

★★ Novice
Update: I found out that the problem occurs only on one sim (the one i'm currently playing with). If I add more sims to that household, they will all have the moodlets and same thing if I change household, they will all feel cold and hot. I Tried resetting the sim many times, removing every trait, adding the seasons related traits and removing them but nothing helped. What do you think I could do before cloning it and deleting the old one?
Message 3 of 35 (5,772 Views)

Hero
As you don't seem opposed to mods, try getting one called SimsInfo (or something along these lines). You can check all the Sims hidden trait. Maybe something is affecting him. Would be good to know what he has.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 35 (5,770 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

i have the same thing. New games dont have the moodlet problems they feel every moodlet. But the old save games does not feel the hot or cold weather.

Message 5 of 35 (5,750 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

So, first of all she has been a doctor and had the trait reward which i removed (it was before season so i dont know). Searching through the infos with the mod i found:
In the commodities info:
1. commodity_Rain_Sim_Wetness
Value: -1.00 (0.00%) She wasnt wet but she doesnt get wet in the rain either.
2. buff_Temperature_SuppressTemperatureOutfitSwap
Value 69.02 (57.51%)
Then in buffs (she was outside):
1. buff_Temperature_Hidden_Neutral
2. buff_Temperature_DiscourageOutsideInteractions_Hidden
3. buff_Temperature_SuppressTemperatureOutfitSwap Fine (Always on and hidden by default) (MoodBuff_Hidden_FineDefault).
She also had the buffs for frozen breath VFX, frozen ground. And yet no hidden trait that would influence the feelings

Message 6 of 35 (5,743 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

okey at first my sims does not get effected by cold or hot weather like snow storm or heat wave. now I moved the bugged family from the old save file to a new working save file. (by saving the family to the gallery) in the new save file all the sims from the old save file are affected by the cold and heat. They get frozen and hot and react to it.

so the problem is in the old existing save files

Message 7 of 35 (5,722 Views)

Sims dont get moodlet from cold or hot weather.

★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Nederlands
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All game packs, all expansions and Luxury Party Stuff, Perfect Patio Stuff, Cool Kitchen Stuff, Spooky Stuff, Movie Hangout Stuff, Romantic Garden Stuff, Kids Room Stuff, Backyard Stuff, Vintage Glamour Stuff, Toddler Stuff, Laundry Day Stuff, My First Pet Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? walk with sim outdoors in cold weather or heat wave, staying outside for a long time (in any kind of clothes) and don't getting a single heat or cold moodlet.
What happens when the bug occurs? my sim walk outside in warm clothes when there is a heatwave outside. reading a book in the full sun. and stil not getting a single moodlet from the heatwave. My sim walking outside in cold short clothes in snow storm or really cold weather waiting and walking outside for a very long time and dont get a cold or frozen moodlet.
What do you expect to see? a sim walk outside in a heatwave in warm clothes, after some time she get a sweating animation. then receive the moodlet its to hot outside.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. came with the new seasons pack

Note: she was in the after life a Vampire but i turned her back to normale sim. The whole family does not get a moodlet from the heat wave. when i save the family to the gallery and use it in a new save game all the family members getting the moodlet again like it should be in cold and hot weather.

Screenshot_2.jpgScreenshot_3.jpg

Message 8 of 35 (5,674 Views)

Re: Sims dont get moodlet from cold or hot weather.

[ Edited ]
Hero

Was the whole family vampire at one point ? I've seen a similar issue but I can't remember if it was here or officials atm. Might merge

How did you turn her back ? Cheat or by 'normal' means ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 35 (5,666 Views)

Re: Sims dont get moodlet from cold or hot weather.

★★★ Apprentice
i think i made that special drink/potion to get them normale again. should not know how i could do it otherwise.

2 sims was a vampire now normale.
1 kid is a vampire (by lot trait)
1 teenager is a vampire (by lot trait)
1 kid is a normale sim

all the members of the family dont get the wheater affect heat or cold. (still get wet in the rain and scared by thunder.)
Message 10 of 35 (5,660 Views)