Sim home but icon shows at work

by haruka13666

Original Post

Re: When home from work icon is still greyed out for one sim

★★★★★ Novice

This happens to me too, but just if I'm currently playing another sim at a different location such as the park. All my sim have "normal" careers.

Only way to solve it is to leave the family for a while, ether play other simfamily or restart the game...

Message 11 of 40 (1,248 Views)

Re: When home from work icon is still greyed out for one sim

★★★ Novice

I got sick of it so I had to quit that sims job and just bought a retail business instead lol. I hope they fix it! It was supposed to be fixed with the last update but clearly not. 

Message 12 of 40 (1,221 Views)

My Sims are getting stuck at work

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? SPO2: 1.assers.ml-sp02.254
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? seasons, get to work, vampires, city living, patio stuff, get together, strangerville, parenthood, kitchen stuff,
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? My sim gets stuck at work passed their end time.
What happens when the bug occurs? they stay at work until I bring them home early
What do you expect to see? they should return home after their shift has ended.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Hi there! I'm having an issue where my sims are getting stuck at work wayyyy passed their job end time and the only way to bring them home is to have them "leave work early" which lowers their job performance. Hope this bug gets fixed soon. thanks!

Message 13 of 40 (1,188 Views)

Re: My Sims are getting stuck at work

Hero

Hi @jessiesowell 

merged your post with existing thread on the issue

Please click me too on the first post

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 14 of 40 (1,167 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

We're having trouble reproducing this, could anyone possibly share a save file? Thanks so much for the help! https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 15 of 40 (1,146 Views)

Sim home but icon shows at work

★★★★ Novice

Platform:PC
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.51.77.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Send sim to work.
What happens when the bug occurs? They will come home but continue to show as at work. They don't get paid or promotions when finishing their shift.
What do you expect to see? Their icon to show as at home. Sim get paid and promoted.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I created a new couple to put in my game because I was getting bored with my old family. I put the new couple in the same save as the previous family. One sim is a detective the other is in the military. I will follow my sim to the detective career and send the other sim to work. But when he comes home from work, he doesn't get paid. He also doesn't get a promotion even if his performance bar is full. I tried having him leave early but that didn't work. I had him travel to another lot and it still didn't work. I exited to the main menu and that worked the first time but not the second. No mods or cc. 

Message 16 of 40 (1,116 Views)

Re: Sim home but icon shows at work

Hero

HI @haruka13666 

Merged your post with existing thread

For active careers you need to quit the job and rejoin for the error to go away.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 17 of 40 (1,096 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Message 18 of 40 (1,078 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Sim home from work still showing at work

★★ Apprentice

This has just recently started happening for me. I play Vanilla. My sim will show that they are at work and when I click leave early it does not work unless I exit and re-enter the household.

Message 19 of 40 (1,013 Views)

Sims greyed out for work but have returned home

★★★ Guide

Platform:PC
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? 1.52.100.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All Packs
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have Sim come back from work.
What happens when the bug occurs? The sim is showing as still at work and greyed out, however sim is actually home and playable.
What do you expect to see? I thought this issue had been marked as fixed because I can't find an open topic, but I just had the issue this morning when I teen came home from his retail job. I got an MCCC last exception error log and the sim is home but still greyed out. I want my home sims to be fully playable with access to their inventories.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes

See screenshot, taken this morning 6/22/2019

Message 20 of 40 (1,009 Views)