by Jbac10

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] Sim drink certain drinks endlessly

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.134.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? 1.63.134.1020
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Issue a new update and fix this problem
What happens when the bug occurs? Because of the new updatem my SIMS are not able to drink any potions like sleep and youth potions. The potions are just dangling in their hand and the SIM is just at a standstill
What do you expect to see? I expect to see my SIM drink the potion then see it empty.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Because of the new updatem my SIMS are not able to drink any potions like sleep and youth potions. The potions are just dangling in their hand and the SIM is just at a standstill.

Message 1 of 26 (1,761 Views)

Re: New Update Is No Good

Hero
@Jbac10 Are you still having issues with this ? Have you tried a game repair ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 26 (1,683 Views)

★★★ Novice
Spoiler

How do I repair the game? Can you give me a step by step? Yes, I’m still having this issue 

Message 3 of 26 (1,672 Views)

Hero

1. Close the game
2. Right-Click on the game in Origin
3. Hit Repair game.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 26 (1,644 Views)

Endless Energy Drink(s) Bug

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.136.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Every Expansion, Game, and Stuff Pack.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? When you buy certain energy drinks like Power/INFERNO Sips (Discover University) and Liquid Rush (Jungle Adventure) normally from the market or debug mode. THIS IS NOT WITH THE INFINITE COMSUMEABLE CHEAT.
What happens when the bug occurs? When drinking these energy drinks, the Sim will drink endlessly gaining energy and hunger. the progress bar gets stuck in the middle. However, you can forcefully stop, but the drinks will not the empty (Power Sips). Except the Liquid Rush which it can disappear after the cancel action.
What do you expect to see? The energy drinks not endlessly and finishing it as normal. Emptying the cans to throw away.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. 1.63.133.1020 <- This happened in the previous patch as well.

Message 5 of 26 (1,660 Views)

Re: Endless Energy Drink(s) Bug

★★★★ Expert

@InsaneStar   I tested this, and the Liquid Rush had no progress bar for my sim, but the Power-Sip did.

When on home lot they put the drinks down/washed them in the sink, elsewhere the can disappears, perhaps intentionally. Where were your sim when drinking these drinks, on home lot, or somewhere else?

Message 6 of 26 (1,613 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@DonroaAkashu At the Apartments of San Myshuno. When I did that, the Sim keeps drinking endlessly the energy drinks.
Message 7 of 26 (1,604 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@InsaneStar Did you get the drinks the regular way or through BuyDebug ?

The can washing has a thread here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-Sims-wash-soda-can-in-sink-instead-of-throwing-in/...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 26 (1,563 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Through BuyDebug. I did some testing with the energy drink situation again. It turns out certain lots/apartments got bugged with this. My main lot that I use a lot, Apartment Culpepper House 19, this bug happens on that apartment. The other Culpepper Houses that is not 19, is working fine. Meaning the energy drink consuming and finishing the cans to clean/throw away. I've tested the other apartments like the Jasmine Suite, it works fine.

I brought a video for proof.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/cf5qpclfe2jgele/Culpepper%20House%2019%20-%20Energy%20Drink%20Test.mp4?dl=...

Message 9 of 26 (1,546 Views)

Hero
@InsaneStar Could you test with regularly bought drinks as well. Buydebug objects often do have other bugs than when you get them through game play

In my testing I had a jungle adventure one in my inventory, that worked fine. The buydebug one I bought for Uni didn't work (although it was more of a not gaining energy than endless drinking).

I didn't test the apartment so there could be two factors to this

- Endless in apartments
- No gain with buyDebug ones.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 26 (1,519 Views)