by sonynotte

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] Sim cannot get to seated sim for greeting

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.47.51.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansion packs, game packs, and stuff packs up to "Get Famous."
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? First, have a sim seated. Both do not have to be. Next, have one sim (preferably the standing sim, if one is standing) greet the seated one. Another way is to simply have a sim with a residence/apartment key arrive at the residence while the one who gave them said key is away or simply off the lot (but in the world). Allow events to play out.
What happens when the bug occurs? When attempting a greeting, whether it's autonomous or player-controlled, if a sim is seated or in some way unavailable both sims will reset (as well as any in the conversation). They can attempt the greeting again when both are standing and the game continues as normal. When using MCCC this logged an error stating that one sim couldn't get to the other.
What do you expect to see? The seated sim should stand to perform the greeting if necessary.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I should note that I have attempted this with and without mods. The bug happens anyway, but the game does not crash and it proceeds as normal.

Message 1 of 4 (927 Views)

Re: [TO TEST] Sim cannot get to seated sim for greeting

Hero

Do you have any lastexception files for this ?

If so, please either zip them (needs to be a .rar file) or just c/p with spoiler tags in here.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 4 (878 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

The below Last Exception is from a modded save and two separate interactions, and it appears if a sim can't complete an autonomous introduction or greeting for whatever reason. (EDIT: Barring usual Sims bugginess, introductions still work fine. If I said otherwise in the OP, I apologize. That was a mistake and doesn't appear to be connected.) This seems to be largely an autonomous thing. Some notes:

• Both happened because of a key holder attempting an autonomous greeting (friendly hug in this case) with the sim who gave them the key.
  • The key giver was away in the first half of the LE and seated in the second half.
  • This error doesn't always happen, making it difficult to reliably reproduce in both a modded and vanilla save.
  • The error appears more often with key holders visiting a sim.
Spoiler
<?xml version="1.0" ?><root>
<report><version>2</version><sessionid>a9012a4f1c6903985c0dc91d</sessionid><type>desync</type><sku>ea.maxis.sims4_64.15.pc</sku><createtime>2018-12-09 20:27:06</createtime><buildsignature>Local.Unknown.Unknown.1.47.51.1020-1.200.000.375.Release</buildsignature><categoryid>resolver.py:622</categoryid><desyncid>a9012a4f1c6903985c0dc91d</desyncid><systemconfig/><screenshot/><desyncdata>Exception in Sim Timeline: Exception running Element (ValueError: Trying to use DoubleSimResolver with unsupported participant: ParticipantTypeSim.Listeners)&#13;&#10;Traceback (most recent call last):&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\scheduling.py", line 212, in simulate&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\elements.py", line 376, in _run&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\interactions\social\social_picker_super_interaction.py", line 145, in _run_interaction_gen&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\interactions\aop.py", line 212, in execute_interaction&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\interactions\interaction_queue.py", line 1331, in append&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Lib\contextlib.py", line 119, in __exit__&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\interactions\interaction_queue.py", line 878, in _head_change_watcher&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\interactions\interaction_queue.py", line 962, in _get_head&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\interactions\interaction_queue.py", line 94, in get_next_unblocked_interaction_cancel_incompatible&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\interactions\base\mixer_interaction.py", line 472, in notify_queue_head&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\sims\sim.py", line 3516, in push_super_affordance&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\interactions\aop.py", line 236, in test_and_execute&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\interactions\aop.py", line 224, in execute&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\interactions\aop.py", line 212, in execute_interaction&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\interactions\interaction_queue.py", line 1331, in append&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Lib\contextlib.py", line 119, in __exit__&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\interactions\interaction_queue.py", line 878, in _head_change_watcher&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\interactions\interaction_queue.py", line 962, in _get_head&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\interactions\interaction_queue.py", line 94, in get_next_unblocked_interaction_cancel_incompatible&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\interactions\social\social_super_interaction.py", line 997, in notify_queue_head&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\interactions\social\social_super_interaction.py", line 527, in _get_close_to_target_and_greet&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\interactions\social\social_super_interaction.py", line 465, in _greet_sim&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\interactions\social\greeting_socials\greetings.py", line 455, in try_push_targeted_greeting_for_sim&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\interactions\social\greeting_socials\greetings.py", line 434, in _try_push_greeting_for_sim&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\interactions\social\greeting_socials\greetings.py", line 176, in __new__&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\interactions\social\greeting_socials\greetings.py", line 166, in test&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\event_testing\tests.py", line 392, in run_tests&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\event_testing\resolver.py", line 127, in __call__&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\event_testing\test_based_score_threshold.py", line 41, in __call__&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\event_testing\test_based_score.py", line 56, in get_score&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\event_testing\test_based_score.py", line 56, in &lt;genexpr&gt;&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\event_testing\resolver.py", line 122, in __call__&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\event_testing\resolver.py", line 663, in get_participants&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\event_testing\resolver.py", line 622, in get_participants&#13;&#10;ValueError: Trying to use DoubleSimResolver with unsupported participant: ParticipantTypeSim.Listeners&#13;&#10;rtim=0</desyncdata></report>
</root>

Message 3 of 4 (854 Views)

Hero
Added this as Needs Input to see if others get the same issue and LEs

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 4 (801 Views)