Re: Hired Caterer becomes random household sim

by crinrict

Original Post

Re: Caterer Glitch

Hero
@imanevilsim Are you using any mods/cc in your game ? If so, did you try without ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 11 of 31 (1,318 Views)

★ Novice

I’m not using any mods or custom content.

Message 12 of 31 (1,308 Views)

Hero
@imanevilsim Could you please create a new thread then ? This one is a bit old.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 13 of 31 (1,290 Views)

Re: [TROUBLESHOOT] Sim becomes caterer

★★★ Novice

I also have the same problem, with a sims that has no skill in cooking even. It's really getting on my nerves

Message 14 of 31 (1,262 Views)

Hero
@TR0CAD3R0 Please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 15 of 31 (1,243 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@crinrictLonelyFew Mine also and it's been that way since I started playing when it first came out. My caterer sim is my main sim and it's the first career I did with her. I've had no expansions until recently. The only way I can hire one is if she's at work. If I do a party or event, it works fine.
Message 16 of 31 (1,226 Views)

★ Novice

Yeah been having the same problem on completely different game files this is so annoying I dont have any bods and barely play this game but when I do theres bugs like this and I cant even play the game the way I want to and then events get ended early just so my sim can become the caterer. Seriously?? Extremely annoying 

Message 17 of 31 (1,203 Views)

★★★ Newbie

sAme

Message 18 of 31 (1,157 Views)

Hired Caterer becomes random household sim

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.20
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Parenthood, Backyard stuff and kids room stuff.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have 2 elder sims, 1 young adult and 1 teen. Have the young adult hire a cook. Notice the name on the hiring.
What happens when the bug occurs? When a young adult hires a chef One of the elder sims that lives on the lot becomes the hired chef.
What do you expect to see? A new sim should show up walking into the house to cook.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I have since deleted the save that this happend on because of other bugs and glitches. Things like the "write a book" option not working for a freelance writer, chefs going to another floor to prepare food when there is a kitchen of free work tops. Confused

The bug: I had got to the big mansion that sits next to the house that is usually the home to Spencer Kim and Lewis when most of the bugs really started. I had aged up my two older sims to elder and after a few days in game I made one of the young adults hire in a chef. The option gave me what looked like a female name however my male elder dressed in chef clothing and wanted to get to work despite being in the "dangerously tired" state. Raised eyebrow

Message 19 of 31 (1,158 Views)

Re: Hired Caterer becomes random household sim

Hero
@ItsDaSplash94 Merged your post with existing thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 20 of 31 (1,133 Views)