Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Sheltered plants refuse to grow/ revert to pile of dirt

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.136.1210
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Island Living, Seasons, Cats and Dogs, City Living, Parenthood, Tiny Living, Moschino, Laundry Day, Vintage Glamour
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Sheltered plants in planter boxes.
What happens when the bug occurs? After planting, plants do not grow, instead they remain humps of soil for days on end.
What do you expect to see? Plants should grow.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I suspect it may have been the June 4 patch.

On one of my lots, sheltered plants refuse to grow. I have no script mods, just CC items installed.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 34 (11,096 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] Sheltered plants refuse to grow/ revert to pile of dirt

Hero

Garden plants now should remain as plants instead of sometimes crumbling into piles of dirt. Be strong and live your best life, garden buds!

Fixed in Patch 1.101.290/1.81

Please create a new thread if you're still experiencing this issue,

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 34 of 34 (1,299 Views)

All Replies

Re: Sheltered plants refuse to grow

Hero
@songkaiwen88 So it's just happening in that one house ? all others work fine ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 34 (10,997 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I'll do some experiments. It does not seem to be working well still after today's patch.

Message 3 of 34 (10,955 Views)

Hero
@songkaiwen88 Would just be good to know if it's something about the build causing the issue or if it's a general issue you're seeing.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 34 (10,929 Views)

Hero
@songkaiwen88 Are you still having issues with this ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 34 (10,888 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@crinrict I had commented on another feed regarding my cowplant staying in baby form, but I could interact with the adult "ghost" version of it (saw the drool, fed it, etc, as if it were an adult). After coming across this feed, I decided to try moving it from under the sheltered area of my home and, when I did, it INSTANTLY showed as an adult cowplant. I'm using "The Shipping Views" Eco lot. I had it placed under the top shipping container's overhang, orginally.
Message 6 of 34 (10,872 Views)

Hero
@1BlessedNonni Does the same issue reoccur if you put it under sheltered on a different lot ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 34 (10,846 Views)

Plants ignoring sheltered status; dormant while inside in planters

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.64.84.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Plant plants; bring them to maturity; build a roof over them to cause them to be sheltered. (This also happens to plants in a room). Have the roof be glass; I'm not sure if normal roofing does this or not.
What happens when the bug occurs? Plants that are sheltered that should be growing and producing normally because of it ignore the fact that they are sheltered, and instead go dormant as piles of dirt regardless of temperature. If it isn't their main season, they are out of season, even while sheltered.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see plants that are sheltered behaving as such, and still producing harvestables.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I've not been able to find a way to fix this, yet.

Message 8 of 34 (10,873 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

@crinrict wrote:
@1BlessedNonniDoes the same issue reoccur if you put it under sheltered on a different lot ?

Hey. It does. It also does it if it is too close to a fence and the "rays" don't actually shine on it. 

Message 9 of 34 (10,759 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Sheltered plants refuse to grow

★★ Novice

I play Sims 4 off and on.  I have recently come back to it and applied all the latest patches.  I have several lots that have large, perfect gardens.  Most are indoor, sheltered.  I have seen this same problem since applying the latest updates.  Some (not all) plants and trees appear like they do when exposed to weather, and some look dormant, just piles of dirt on the ground, as if they are out of season.  I have checked my roof to make sure it covers the whole building, and no gaps found.  Also, some gardens are completely underground and have the same issue.  I will look at all of my lots to see if there is a pattern to which plants seem to be affected.  I did not notice if the tip said they were out of season, but will check for that, too.  I think the tip said sheltered, as it should.

Message 10 of 34 (10,720 Views)