by MyChematthedisco

Original Post

[NEEDS SAVES] Serenading causes romance bar with inappropriate age groups

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
What is your current game version number? V. 1.20
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansions, most stuff and game packs
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Not sure- have a teen sim arrive at the dorm.
What happens when the bug occurs? My sims teen sister arrived at the dorm unprompted. My sims hallmate began blowing her kisses, serenading her with a guitar and flirting with her.
What do you expect to see? No adult hitting on a teen.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

See above- 

Message 2 of 9 (2,858 Views)

Adult roommate flirts/serenades with teenage roommate

★★★ Novice

When my sim was a teenager (pulled a teenage runaway sim from the gallery do not believe there is any cc or mods on it) living in the 19 Culpepper Apartment, she had two different roommates flirt and serenade her on multiple occasions. Sometimes hearts or -relationship points would appear after the forbidden interaction and a few times I didn't notice them at all. Luckily there was no progress made at all to a romance bar at all between the young adult roommate sims and the teenager. The roommates are from the roommate ad feature that came with the introduction of the university expansion and not playable household "roommates" There were no adults in my teenage sim's household. No mods, no cc in game since the university patch, new vanilla save file.

Message 1 of 9 (2,896 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Serenading causes romance bar with inappropriate age groups

Community Manager

Hey @MyChematthedisco, which version fo The Sims 4 are you running?

I assume that it's version V. 1.20 but want to be sure.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 3 of 9 (2,812 Views)

Re: Adult roommate flirts/serenades with teenage roommate

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

That's so weird

Just checked it is version 1.20.

Message 4 of 9 (2,791 Views)

Re: Adult roommate flirts/serenades with teenage roommate

EA Sims Team

Hello @MyChematthedisco @amygamie 

Do you still happen to have affected save files (and ideally, saves from before the issue occurred as well)?  Would you be willing to share them with me?

If so, please send me a private message with a link to the file(s).

Instructions here:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 5 of 9 (2,688 Views)

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] Serenading causes romance bar with inappropriate age groups

★★★ Apprentice

I have had this problem too. But with roommates at a home lot serenading children... This has happened with more than one child. The child elongates and hovers over the ground (likely because the animation is for adults) and look flirty like the regular adult animation. It hasn't caused a romance bar with the children, thankfully, but this is creepy as hell.

I saw someone else with the same problem on the Sims 4 subreddit as well.

Message 6 of 9 (2,603 Views)

Hero
@johanne101 Could you send your save to QA as requested above ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 7 of 9 (2,570 Views)

★★ Guide

I now have a mod that should fix this. Please check thefreshsims on tumblr and look at the "my mods" section. The post is titled "Fix For Roommate Behaviors Not Checking Valid Ages".

Message 8 of 9 (2,527 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

A similar thing happened to me! my couple were in conversation mom was serenading dad and toddler was playing with blocks in the same room and when the interaction ended the toddler gained romance towards the mother.

I’m also on ps4 so mods and CC aren’t existent

(CM: Multiple posts merged. Check out this post for tips on how to edit and add more to a post.)

Message 9 of 9 (966 Views)