Original Post

Highlighted

[NEEDS INPUT] Scheduled maid service ends when loading

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.62.67.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get to Work, Get Together, Cats and Dogs, Seasons, Spa Day, Outdoor Retreat, StrangerVille, Luxury Party Stuff, Perfect Patio Stuff, Spooky Stuff, Backyard Stuff, Fitness Stuff, My First Pet Stuff, Laundry Day Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go to Hire A Service in the phone and select "Scheduled Maid." Go to Manage Worlds or exit the game then back to the family. In the phone it won't have the option to "Cancel Maid Service" and the maid no longer comes autonomously
What happens when the bug occurs? The maid will come daily as scheduled, but if you exit the game or go to Manage Worlds it stops. This is happening in multiple saves and I have not used any custom content on this computer. I have not used mods on most of my saves/families.
What do you expect to see? The scheduled maid service should come every weekday unless you cancel it manually.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title

Message 1 of 8 (1,105 Views)

Re: Scheduled maid service ends when I go to Manage Worlds or quit the game

Hero
@PhilliesPOPster5 You said you have not used mods on most families, does that mean you DO have cc/mods in your game ? Did you remove it all and played the save with an empty mods folder ? Mods usually affect the whole game even if you don't use the functionality it provides.

I can't duplicate this on my save. Tried both existing as well as going to world Manager

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 8 (1,058 Views)

★ Novice
@crinrict I have removed the mods from my game completely in August and I haven't played with any since then. I deleted the only piece of CC I had back in December 2018 when I realized Seasons has the same exact hair only less glitchy
Message 3 of 8 (1,018 Views)

Hero
@PhilliesPOPster5

Would you be willing to share your save with me ?

If so, please zip your saves folder and upload it somewhere like dropbox,, googledrive or OneDrive and PM me the link.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 8 (991 Views)

Hero
@PhilliesPOPster5 Would you send me your save ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 8 (942 Views)

Going to manage worlds fires service sims

★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.62.67.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Hire a scheduled maid. Then go to Manage Worlds to move a sim out. When returning to the household the maid or gardener (perhaps butler too) is no longer hired.
What happens when the bug occurs? The maid/gardener are no longer employed and you have to go back in to the phone and re-hire the service.
What do you expect to see? I would expect the family to retain any service NPCs they hire as the majority of the family are still in the same house. And the sim that hired the service is still living there.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

This does not seem to happen every time, and we only noticed it was happening at all when plates weren't being cleaned up. Going to check the phone if the service is still hired it says "cancel service", but with this bug you are able to rehire. It only seems to happen after going to Manage Worlds (which we do fairly frequently during the 100 baby challenge).

Message 6 of 8 (930 Views)

Re: Going to manage worlds fires service sims

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Its_JennyyBean Did you test this without mods/cc installed ? There was a similar report before and I tested then and couldn't duplicate.

EDIT: Found the other thread and merged.

If it happens without mods/cc, can you send me your save ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 8 (920 Views)

Re: Going to manage worlds fires service sims

Hero
@Its_JennyyBean Have you been able to test without mods ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 8 (857 Views)