by zoiee2020

Original Post

[OPEN] [JTB] Lightsaber duel between Sims outside household not possible

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.66.139.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Almost all
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play the game
What happens when the bug occurs? Nothing. Button is greyed out
What do you expect to see? Sims dueling other sims with lightsabers outside of their own household, either in Batuu or their home maps.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Not sure if it was intended but seems silly if it is.

When you take Sims that have been to Batuu and have lightsabers,

and visit another household who has also been to Batuu and has lightsabers,

then try to click on the button to duel each other, the button is greyed out saying that Sim doesn't own a lightsaber. 

But you know they do because you just got them one. 

This happens both on home maps and on Batuu.

You can duel your own household member, but no one outside of it either then NPC's 

That happens whether you invite them to join you on Batuu and your sim is already there, or you invite them when you go. 

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title to fit

Message 1 of 15 (6,082 Views)

Re: Lightsaber duel between Sims outside your own household not possible

★ Guide

Unfortunately i'm thinking it was intentional,hoping its a bug, but i think EA catered again to the reality players, everything on batuu stays at batuu, look at all the hate protests threads from reality players saying they don't like/want aliens vampires, or anything thats not real, and now they don't want SW characters, spaceships or lightsaber duels on their earth game. So it ends up with fantasy players not having jedi occult or droids not zapping outside batuu. EA pretends they are also pleasing the fantasy players by giving them this small space adventure theme park. 

I'm not a fantasy player or reality player, i am a fun liveplay/builder player, I've been playing since sims1 buying every pack,sims2 all packs,sims3 all packs(yes even katy perry pack),built 100s of houses and sims,playing 100s of hrs on all of them,now doing the same thing in sims4.

i knew that when i bought this pack it would be limited,like no jedi occult, or using all the B/B items or how often i travel there,but didn't no it would really be strict on other things cause i don't watch videos,but no droid zapping, and lightsaber duels,cause thats 1 of the main features of it, SW wouldn't be SW without the sabers. 

I would think it would be fun to see stormtroopers actually patrolling all my hoods,imagining them trying to keep the peace during those sharing is caring,hood brawl naps. I wanted to see darth vader,darth maul,kylo ren doing a dance battle in the nightclubs. My evil sim getting a droid to attack his enemies.

Instead i have to use the ugly townies and hide their faces in stormtrooper outfits, change their names and pretend they are patrolling, and also the SW alien masks and pretend they are spies for the empire.

Reality players vs fantasy players vs fun players vs builder players vs EA. Unfortunately EA always will win, we all end up losing cause the packs feel likes 15% for builders,13% reality,2% fantasy, 70% emptiness wasted space that could be used for the fun liveplay players.

Sorry for using your thread to express my feelings, i started with just saying about the bug, but suddenly a hot headed moodlet appeared on me and got riled up and i just started typing more and more. hopefully it will pass in 2 hrs and not get glitched on me permanently.

Take care,I'm going back to batuu.

Message 2 of 15 (6,040 Views)

★ Guide

I mean ... if that's the case and its intentional, Just going to build a massive house on top of the bar that can hold 25 sims,

use mods and have them all permanently live there. Then can have some serious fun in Batuu 

Message 3 of 15 (6,011 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

So found out you can fit a nice little 3 bdrm house on top of the bar thanks to the ladder. 

Now I just combine my households together on a plot of land in home world then bring them all here. 

Lightsaber duels and sparing for all. 

Also good for occult sims who need a place to freshen up. 

Unfortunately, it wont let me share the build on the gallery so .. everyone is going to have to build their own.

Now we got some lightsaber action!!! 

Message 4 of 15 (5,974 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [JTB] Lightsaber duel between Sims outside household not possi

★ Pro
@zoiee2020 I've had this same problem. I'm going to assume it's a bug.

Message 5 of 15 (5,807 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [JTB] Lightsaber duel between Sims outside household not possi

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

This seems to happen because the Lightsaber and its parts (kyber crystals and hilts) are treated as collectibles and are automatically removed from NPCs inventory.

The thing is, this should not apply for played households - but it seems to do it either way.

I have fixed it in my game, and you can find the .package file for it on my Twitter, but I'm not sure if this is intentional or simply a bug.

The "fix" alters the collectible object tuning for all lightsaber parts, changing a "True" to a "False", disabling the automatic removal of these items from NPCs inventory.

I would imagine this is a performance concern.

I would also advice to wait for a reply from a developer about this. 

EDIT: I have removed my Twitter because I was no longer active. Someone posted a mod which does this in the later posts so use that one! Standard smile 

Message 6 of 15 (5,736 Views)

★★ Novice

I have this fault too, I really hope it’s a bug and they fix it soon!

Message 7 of 15 (5,434 Views)

★★ Novice
@TullaDoVenen What’s your Twitter?
Message 8 of 15 (5,251 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

@mariyaluk02 I can't find his Twitter, but I did locate his Patreon, which has the mod in question:[CM edit: link removed, sorry but we don't allow such links on the forum]

Wonder why Tulla mentioned he made a mod, but didn't bother posting the link.

Message 9 of 15 (5,034 Views)

★★★ Newbie

do you have the mod? the patreon is empty Frown

Message 10 of 15 (4,097 Views)