by CGrant56

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] [SV] Strangerville secret lab does not reset completely

[ Edited ]
Hero

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.60.54.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All up to and including DU
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a sim complete the Strangerville aspiration and defeat the mother plant then revive the mother plant and reset the weirdness level to max. Repeat the quest with a different sim from another household.
What happens when the bug occurs? After competing the quest the first time, the section of the lab corridor where the biohazard suit is needed never resets to the original state. Any sims in any household sent through the lab after the first one do not need to have the suit to reach the second door so once you have a keycard, you can go all the way to the mother plant without doing anything else. The only thing the suit is needed for is to complete the milestone concerning it in the aspiration.
What do you expect to see? I would expect the lab to fully reset to it's initial state preventing access to the second door forcing you to do all the actions to get the suit and complete the quest as it was designed.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Installing Strangerville

This has been going on since Strangerville was released which I downloaded on the day it was released.  I have tested and it does the same thing in a vanilla game without mods and CC.

I have run dozens of sims through the quest to complete the aspiration.  After the first time, when I used the Strangerville premades to complete the quest, the corridor where the biohazard suit was needed has never been blocked by the spores.  It is always clear and once I have a keycard, I can send a sim all the way to the mother plant with out a suit.

Frankly, the way it works now basically makes the quest a one shot and done thing for every other sim in the game after the first time through.  The only way now to make it repeatable is to start a new game.  And in all honestly, I wasn't particularly thrilled about something like it being introduced into the game since I think to goes against the traditional content of the franchise. Other than the mini conservation quest in IL which came later there has been nothing like it in Sims 4.  But it is there and I would like the quest to be repeatable in it's entirety.  And I have come to like it over time too.

I did do a search here at AHQ and found nothing else that mentioned this so I have been wondering for quite some time if it was just me seeing the issue or a problem with my game, or it was just that nobody was reporting it.  I have done all the usual things trying to figure it out like repairing, etc.  So at last I'm entering a bug report to see if others are seeing this in their games.

Message 1 of 1 (733 Views)