Re: Strangerville Cloud Remains After the Story Solved

by crinrict

Original Post

Re: Strangerville Cloud Stuck in the Neighborhood

★ Guide

@EA_Arrenai  None of the solutions worked.  I fear that I am stuck with this cloud which makes me want a refund.  I bought the game for the world, I was forced to play the story and now the cloud is stuck in the world basically what I wanted the pack for.

Very frustrated Frown

Message 10 of 51 (1,712 Views)

Hero

Hi @biupforsims

tested this on my own game and I can't replicate. Tried to get the screenshot about the same angle and as you can see, there's no cloud.

The save is older though

Can you duplicate the issue on a new save that never saw any mods/cc ?

09-04-19_10-46-23 AM.png

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 12 of 51 (1,717 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@crinrict Umm.. Didn't you think I've already done it?
Message 13 of 51 (1,705 Views)

Hero
@biupforsims I don't know. You just wrote that you tried multiple times but not if you did that without mods installed

You put you remove them, but I don't know at which point and also not if you deleted your localthumbcache files.

I can only go from what I see in my game and I can't duplicate it.

This thread is the only other report on it that I've seen: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/Strangerville-Cloud-Stuck-in-the-Neighborhood/m-p/8025... so it doesn't seem really common which I tried to troubleshoot.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 14 of 51 (1,703 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [SV] Strangerville Cloud Remains After the Story Solved

★★★★ Novice

Okay, I solved it myself.

Just come on, everyone can say delete the mods, delete the cashes, make a new save file, etc... It's so common and useless advise, usually everyone tries it before asking, you know?

I totally re-installed the game,
ran with no cc, no script mod except the all cheat mod (to skip the storyline).

Here are the results:

1. A whole new game : successfully removed the bothersome cloud.
2. Gameplay with some mods, ccs : nope, no problem.
3. Gameplay with a script mod : perfectly working.
4. Gameplay with my old family : The cloud is there, the weird plants remains.
5. With a new game I merged my old family with the new sim, not just simply replacing it (I don't know how to say it in English properly) : no glitch occurred.
6. Same circumstance, but used the old lot I made when I was playing Strangerville before : the game was perfect.

So something was in my old household, yet I don't know what's the problem.

Or maybe you must make a brand new household when you are playing Strangerville, not just simply using your old household in your gallery.

WHAT THE HELL OF A GLITCH IS THIS? I don't understand.

Thank god and my free time now I can replay the Strangerville with my favorite household and my favorite house lot I made before, not just simply restarting all things over.

Does anyone can replicate this?

Message 15 of 51 (2,159 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I was able to replicate this, well, by accident anyways.

A long time after finishing the quest, I had a family request maximum strangeness, followed by normality. The ensuing result was normalcy, with the plants everywhere. 

Message 16 of 51 (1,631 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

Wow, didn't realize this was a bug :D Well, you still have "strange fruits" and you can plant them or get other sims infected by them, so plants still growing (kinda, they grow slowly and usually start growing anew after each reload) is not a bug. But I agree the cloud shouldn't be there.

Why this is marked as "solved"? Because it's not.

Message 17 of 51 (1,621 Views)

Hero
@rostsit Cause OP marked it as solved.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 18 of 51 (1,612 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@crinrictas if it's "Solved for him"? Standard smile I just want to make sure it won't get overlooked by the developers because of this mark.

Message 19 of 51 (1,608 Views)

Hero
@rostsit That's not a problem.

There's only two users that have this issue though.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 20 of 51 (1,603 Views)