by SqueamishNerd

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] [SV] Sims React to Bizarre Plant Vines After the Vines are Gone

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Svenska
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.61.15.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansion packs, Dine Out, Vampires, Parenthood, Jungle Adventures, Strangerville, Realm of Magic, Luxury Party Stuff, Kids Room Stuff, Holiday Celebration Pack, Grim's Ghoulish Guitar.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play with two sims in StrangerVille with the quest on a phase where vines start to come up drains and toilets. Use sinks, tubs, toilets etc until vines appear. Make sure that only one of the sims is in the room with the vines and let that sim remove the vines. When the vines are fully removed, let the other sim enter the room where the vines were.
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims react to no longer existing bizarre plant vines. If a sim doesn't have time to react to the vines, before the vines are removed, they will react to the no longer existing vines the next time they enter the room where the vines once were.
What do you expect to see? That sims only react to still existing vines, and don't react to already removed vines.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Well, apparently sims "see things" that aren't there. 🙄

Message 1 of 3 (791 Views)

Re: Sims React to Bizarre Plant Vines After the Vines are Gone

Hero
@SqueamishNerd How long after you removed them is that ? It sounds familiar and I've seen that when the pack came out but it was mostly a delay between the vine being recognized as still there by another Sim.

Is this like seconds later or a day later ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 3 (749 Views)

Re: Sims React to Bizarre Plant Vines After the Vines are Gone

★★★★ Pro
@crinrict I'm not entirely sure, but at least some sim-hours, I would guess up to six hours. Since the vines appear in the bathroom and kitchen it's hard to stop the sims from going there for more than some hours, and I don't really want to test it further, by rebuilding etc, since I'm done playing in Strangerville for a while now. :P
Message 3 of 3 (714 Views)