by CGrant56

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] [SV] Military personnel cannot complete Strangerville aspiration

[ Edited ]
Hero

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.60.54.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All up to and including DU
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Befriend, then ask an NPC carrying the Military Personnel tag to join your household. Attempt to complete the Strangerville aspiration with that sim.
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims with the Military Personnel tag can do everything up to and including administering the vaccine. The option to recruit other sims does not show up for them after administering the vaccine so they cannot complete the last two milestones in the aspiration.
What do you expect to see? I would expect them to get the recruit option so they can complete the aspiration. And I would expect that sims added to households would lose the military personnel tag.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Installing Strangerville. I did not notice it happening until after ROM was installed though. That was the first time I added a Military Personnel NPC sim to an active household. I added a Scientist NPC to an active household after IL.

This sim acts like a normal sim in any other fashion.   There are some oddities though.  The Military Personnel tag that shows up on her when you mouse over comes and goes.   I have also moved a Strangerville scientist into an active household but the Scientist tag seems to have disappeared permanently whereas the Military Personnel tag has not.  Both sims have been played extensively in their respective households.

Whenever that sim returns to Strangerville, all the Military Personnel conversation options return to that sim and other household members can request and get and an infinite number of spore scanners.  it seems just by leaving Strangerville and returning that you get however many you want.  You get one per trip.  Those conversation options only show up when she is in Strangerville, nowhere else.

I think the issue is that the Military Personnel tag does not get removed from the sim when he/she joins an active household.  Upon looking at her hidden traits and at the traits of an NPC Military Sim with the simsinfo mod, my now active sim still has those traits that she got when she was an NPC but some of the seem to disappear when she is in other worlds.  Other NPCs with different tags apparently do lose their hidden traits as this is the only NPC type I have seen this happen with.  Checking a few other sims that were in various tagged occupations and joined my households show that they no longer have any of the hidden traits they originally have for the most part.

I've done all the usually things as well as testing in a vanilla game with no mods and CC where it happens too.  As with the other bug I made today regarding Strangerville, I've wondered if it was just my game and searched AHQ and elsewhere to see if anyone else has reported the problem.  I have found absolutely nothing so I'm reporting it now.

Message 1 of 1 (857 Views)