by simkitten87

Original Post

Re: Strangerville Bugs

★★★ Novice

here is the dxdiag

Message 11 of 22 (931 Views)

Hero

Are you sure your Sims game is updated ?

Here's instructions hot to find it: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-does-this-forum-work/m-p/8775353#M124496

Also try updating your graphics card drivers.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 12 of 22 (927 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

I have not tried other households, but I will.  I stumbled onto some things.  I've since had the scanner bug, but I kept repairing the game and it allowed me to finish collecting the spores with the scanner and finally it seemed to work as normal.  That was after repairing it 3 times and cleaning the computer with AVG tune up and CCleaner.  The freezing bug seems to happen if I go to triple speed.  So I tried to only do double speed and found that skills still increase, while the animation freezes.  My sim was working on a mobile app, programming.  He would not skill up although the skill kept increasing.  (see picture, hopefully I can attach it)  And it did not seem to contribute to his daily work task once he stopped moving.

I played another family in strangerville and they have the bug too.  Also the freelancer career is broken.  I now have Journey to Batuu, but that played fine.  It was just when my sim came back home that the freezing and scanner bugs happened.

Also my game is updated, my graphics card driver is up to date as well as my OS.  

(CM: Multiple posts merged to limit bumps/spam. Check out this post for tips on how to edit and add more to a post.)

Message 13 of 22 (916 Views)

Hero
@AlyaSerpens Could you post your specs as well.

Freelancer thread is here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-Freelancer-All-task-done-Gig-not-completed/td-p/82...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 14 of 22 (886 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

My game version is 1.66.139.1020    DX diag attached.

Message 15 of 22 (854 Views)

Hero
@AlyaSerpens Sorry, I think I missed your answer. Specs look fine.

You have lots of errors though with possibly Java or the Windows Store or something from Yahoo not working right. Are you using a Yahoo messengers or ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 16 of 22 (825 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Thanks for looking.  I saw those errors, but I didn't know what they were or how to fix them.  I do use yahoo mail, but Facebook messenger.  I don't use much of the Windows stuff, don't really care for it.  I'll try and look into it tho.  I do like the Bing images and have them as a changing background.  Could that be something?  The system is supposed to suspend everything while I play games or use it in full screen (not sure what that's about, but I get a message to that effect sometimes).  I got over the scanner glitch, I think by repairing the game 3 times.  It finally started charging again.  The idle sims glitch is temporarily fixed by going to the map and back.  Funny tho, it doesn't seem to happen in Batuu.  

Message 17 of 22 (816 Views)

Hero

@AlyaSerpens 

I wasn't able to duplicate the freezes on OPs save but in case you want to send me yours too, instructions are in my signature

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 18 of 22 (797 Views)

Hero
@AlyaSerpens Moving this to tech to troubleshoot the lags.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 19 of 22 (762 Views)

Sims freezing in strangerville

★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? october 6th patch
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? start playing the family. wait for several sim hours to a sim day or 2.
What happens when the bug occurs? all the sims in the house freeze until i go to manage worlds. saving or going to bb doesnt fix it. the only way i can get the game to play normal is to go to manage worlds and re enter the house. then it works for a bit then messes up agian.
What do you expect to see? i expect to see the sims doing things without freezing.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

it all started out when i played my strangerville family. i dont know if that makes a difference. but i have it on maximum strangeness. and i was playing a 2 married sims and it ran fine. then i decided to adopt a toddler and suddenly i started having my sims freeze all the time. now i have to go to manage worlds to get them running agian. ive tried to move thme out and back in, remove the toddler, age up the toddler, move them into another lot, make a new child, place an older version of the family before the glitch into the world. samr thing happens. it freezes withen a few sim hours to a few sim days. my other households see to be fine in the save.

Message 20 of 22 (743 Views)