by DizzyDee-K

Original Post

[SE] Vending Machine Items Can't be Picked up or Shared

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.34.138.3400
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a sim die, or delete a sim from a household with Vending machine items from SE in their inventory.
What happens when the bug occurs? The items get dumped into the household inventory. If you place these items down for another sim to pick up to use, they can't be picked up. Simmi Capsules are not interactable at all.
What do you expect to see? To be able to move vending machine items from one sim to another as they need them.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

See Screenshots. All the vendor items were dumped into the household inventory. The sims either can't interact with them, or pick them up. (The berries are fine).

The Sims™ 4_20201118152253.jpg

The Sims™ 4_20201118152304.jpg

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Removed outdated tag

Message 1 of 6 (1,313 Views)

Re: SE Vending Machine Items Can't be Picked up or Shared

★ Pro
@PoptartJuniper Can the Vending items in Personal Inventory be give to another household member as gifts? I know the Simmi bubble things can be given as gifts. Haven't tried any other items.

Can the things from Household Inventory at least be sold?

Message 2 of 6 (1,295 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@DizzyDee-K Thanks! I didn't try to gift them. I deleted the sims that had them in the inventory from the family so I didn't think to try to gift the inventory items. It would have taken forever anyway.

The items can be sold from the household inventory. I had to pick them all up to sell them off.

Message 3 of 6 (1,287 Views)
Highlighted

★ Pro
@PoptartJuniper I'm finding vending machines and vendors in SE a little problematic. Children can autonomously buy things from them they can't use/eat and they can't be transferred except as gifts.

I love the vending machines. But, they need some tweaking.
Message 4 of 6 (1,276 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [SE] Vending Machine Items Can't be Picked up or Shared

★★★★★ Novice

I had the exact same issue when my sim died. All the Bits 'n Bobbles vending machine items from his inventory, that ended up in the household inventory when he died, could only be directly sold or placed on the ground in build mode. When they were on the ground the only interaction option when clicked on in live mode was "Put in inventory" but sims would get the routing failure reaction when told to do that. The items that were on the ground also couldn't be dragged and moved while in live mode.

I also checked that the Bits 'n Bobbles vending machine items in a sim's inventory cannot be moved/dragged to be sold from the inventory or put on the ground, they can only be clicked on to add to favorites or to directly use (if this is an option). 

Message 5 of 6 (1,130 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [SE] Vending Machine Items Can't be Picked up or Shared

★★ Apprentice

Active Sims can not pick up suff from vending machine by squating... but NPCs can...

Message 6 of 6 (536 Views)