by crinrict

Original Post

[FIXED] [SE] Texture overlay Jeans Dress with tall Boots

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.68.154.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except Journey to Batuu, Toddler stuff, Spooky stuff and Nifty Knitting.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? If you go into CAS, and wear the jean dress from Snowy Escapes, put tall boots on your sim you will see the visual glitch.
What happens when the bug occurs? If you have on tall boots the top of the boot that overlays with the dress will be on top of the dress.
What do you expect to see? The boots should be underneath the dress
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

https://imgur.com/a/R4NkvKA 

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title

Message 1 of 11 (2,228 Views)
Highlighted

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [SE] Texture overlay Jeans Dress with tall Boots

Hero
@Argoeee Can duplicate this

Thanks for the report

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 11 (2,217 Views)

Snowy Escape Boots Texture Bleeds into Dress

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

What is your current game version number? 1.68.154.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything except Journey to Batuu.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? In CAS, select the long denim wrap dress from Snowy Escape and then select any pair of knee high boots
What happens when the bug occurs? The texture of the knee high boots bleeds into the denim dress, resulting in a rather jarring visual glitch.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see the boots go under the dress without the texture of the boots being on top of the dress.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Installed Snowy Escape.

I'll include a few pictures so its more obvious what I'm talking about. I haven't noticed this issue with any other piece of clothing.
For what it's worth, I asked a friend if they were having this issue in their game too and they said they were, so I thought I'd make a post here.

Message 3 of 11 (2,221 Views)

Bottom of robe changes color with boots

★★★ Guide

What is your current game version number? 1.70.84.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? wear these boots with this robe
What happens when the bug occurs? the bottom edge of the robe changes colors to match the boots
What do you expect to see? the robe should stay the same
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I tried a few different color options to see if the color swatch mattered, but as you can see from the attached images it affects all variants of this robe and these boots.

Robe is from Snowy Escape, boots are from Laundry Day.

Message 4 of 11 (2,164 Views)

Re: Bottom of robe changes color with boots

★★★ Guide

And here is the robe without any shoes for reference.

Message 5 of 11 (2,163 Views)

★★★ Guide

While trying to plan her outfit I found a different issue with the same robe but boots from Seasons. Instead of the robe changing colors the robe colors are now affecting the boots.

Message 6 of 11 (2,172 Views)

★★★ Guide

Was this robe tested with boots at all?

These boots from the same pack Snowy Escape, and these boots from Nifty Knitting are causing a black ring on the bottom of the robe.

Message 7 of 11 (2,165 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Sorry for all the posts but I can only add 3 images at a time.

These 2 base game boots affect the bottom of the robe. These boots from Outdoor Retweet have the robe affecting the boots.

Message 8 of 11 (2,165 Views)

★★★ Guide

Okay, after this I'm done even if there are more. It's safe to say that any and ALL higher up the leg boots are totally broken when worn with this robe. Here are 3 more base game boots.

I was going to make this her winterwear outfit but I guess that idea won't work if she can't wear any boots.

Message 9 of 11 (2,163 Views)

★ Guide

Love how since November no one was able to fix the textures on this asset. It's completely unusable since almost all shoes slightly above the ankles will get textures bleeding into either the dress or themselves.

Message 10 of 11 (1,609 Views)