by ritad85

Original Post

[OPEN] [SE] Sims not automatically changing to Cold Outerwear

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.68.156.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? I have ALL expansions, game packs, and stuff packs.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Any lot in the new world Mt. Komorebi
What happens when the bug occurs? My Sim (and other NPC Sims) are not automatically changing to their Cold Outerwear clothing when going outside. And vice versa, not changing to Normal clothing coming inside.
What do you expect to see? Change to appropriate clothing based on weather.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

It seems like the No Shoes may be interfering with changing to Cold Outerwear.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 20 (5,040 Views)

Re: Sims not automatically changing to Cold Outerwear

★ Guide
@ritad85 When they go out without their cold weather outfit, do they show themselves to be feeling cold? I was just wondering whether it's not actually cold enough to trigger it.
Message 2 of 20 (4,995 Views)

★ Apprentice

My sims never change into their normal clothes when they go inside and I am not sure it's a bug but it's really annoying. That would be great if they put some normal clothes once inside.

And now they don't automatically change to their cold clothes when it's necessary.

Message 3 of 20 (4,977 Views)

★★★ Novice
@IngeJones Yes, they eventually get Cold Moodlet.
Message 4 of 20 (4,965 Views)

Hero

I don't have any issue with my sims changing into cold weather clothes when they go outside.  But they never change into everyday clothes when they come back inside so I have to use the change outfit option to get them back into indoor appropriate clothing.

But in my homes with basements, they always change into cold weather clothing when they go into the basement in winter.  

Message 5 of 20 (4,955 Views)

Hero
The staying in cold weather outfits is a really old bug.

There's multiple threads for several different occasions.

Best to keep this thread on them not changing to cold weather when going outside.

- https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-S-Sims-change-into-cold-weather-clothes-inside/td-...
- https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/TO-ADD-S-Sims-wearing-cold-weather-outfit-every-time-game-load...
.- https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-S-Sims-won-t-change-clothes-according-weather-coming-into...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 20 (4,934 Views)

Freezing to death

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.69.59.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go to Hanamigawa Koen in Mt Komorebi during winter. Townies don't change into winter clothes and inevitably freeze to death. This has happened several times.
What happens when the bug occurs? Townies don't change into cold weather clothes during winter, and they will freeze to death. My lot is full of gravestones.
What do you expect to see? Sims changing into appropriate weather clothing and not dying.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Edit By Crinrict: Fixed Duplicate Template 

Message 7 of 20 (4,872 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [SE] Sims not automatically changing to Cold Outerwear

★★ Novice

I'm having problems with this too. I built a Gym in Newcrest for only my Club to use. Townies still show up in droves, in gym clothes, don't change into their cold weather clothes, and start dying one by one.  I can't use my gym in cold weather unless I want to wipe out 8-10 sims each time

Message 8 of 20 (4,828 Views)

★ Guide

my sims have always kept their cold weather clothes on after going indoors too. I believe it may be a bug because sometimes upon loading my save or going back from manage worlds my sims will sometimes seemingly at random be changed into their cold weather clothes indoors. i use cc eyes and hair but i don't think that effects their weather appropriate clothing.

Message 9 of 20 (4,794 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [SE] Sims not automatically changing to Cold Outerwear

★★★★ Apprentice

When my Sim travels from a rental house in Wakaba to the Onsen at Yukimatsu, she turns up in everyday clothes, even if she was wearing sleepwear when she left. She does not autonomously change into Cold Outerwear at all. She will eventually develop the Chilled moodlet in the snow and I will have to manually change her outfit.

I use no mods, no CC. I have all packs except Batuu, Paranormal, My First Pet Stuff or any of the Kits.

Message 10 of 20 (4,499 Views)