Re: Unable to Snowboard/skii with drone (All Packs)

by crinrict

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[WORKAROUND] [SE] [ROM] [GF] Unable to use slope with familiar/Drone present

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.68.154.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except Moschino, Bowling, Spooky, Romantic Garden and Cool Kitchen.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Attempt to ski, snowboard or sled.
What happens when the bug occurs? When attempting to ski, snowboard or sled the options are dithered and when hovering it comes up with "no action available here" and sims do not enter the expected area. I have tried to reset the objects and my sims however, nothing (including restarting the game) has helped.
What do you expect to see? Sims should enter the bunny slopes or ski/snowboard area and perform action. However i cannot even attempt the action.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. New game pack - snowy escape.

Originally I was able to perform these actions then suddenly the error occurred.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title, Added Base Game Version Number

Message 1 of 16 (4,037 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Unable to ski/snowboard/sled - no action available here.

★★ Novice

im having the same issue but its only one of my sims and its a spell caster. with empty inventory but realised the familier was active. once i dismissed it, it worked ok for me

View in thread

Message 6 of 16 (3,809 Views)

All Replies

Hero
@Zandalee1993 Is that the only Sim you have issues with or does it happen for all Sims ?

Is the Sim some kind of occult ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 16 (4,022 Views)

Hero
@Zandalee1993 Are you still having issues with this ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 16 (3,864 Views)

★★★ Newbie

maybe your playable sim is magician, if it is true, that is bug not only u. and it is not patched yet. this bug is from their flying broom and its maybe overlap by skii.
just wait it when EA get pixed.

Message 4 of 16 (3,841 Views)

Hero
@GoldBronzer I tested both Vampires and Spellcasters and they work fine for me despite broom/mist/bat

Are you saying this doesn't work for spellcasters for your or is this meant as a suggestion for the reason ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 16 (3,831 Views)

★★ Novice

im having the same issue but its only one of my sims and its a spell caster. with empty inventory but realised the familier was active. once i dismissed it, it worked ok for me

Message 6 of 16 (3,810 Views)

Unable to Snowboard/skii with drone (All Packs)

★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform: WIndows (PC)
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.68.154.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Attempt to ski, snowboard or sled.
What happens when the bug occurs? When attempting to ski, snowboard or sled the options are dithered and when hovering it comes up with "no action available here" and sims do not enter the expected area. I have tried to reset the objects and my sims however, nothing (including restarting the game) has helped. Only occurs with the drone active, unsure if having familiars from ROM does the same.
What do you expect to see? Sims should enter the bunny slopes or ski/snowboard area and perform action. However i can't even attempt the action unless the drone is turned off.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes { issue occurs with and without mods}
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. New expansion pack - snowy escape.

Message 7 of 16 (3,737 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@rqdechi_town Merging this with the thread on familiar as it sounds like the same issue.

Could someone test if the same happens if you have a leashed dog ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 16 (3,712 Views)

★ Apprentice

I tested with a leashed dog and ended up in the same situation as the drone. The actions are faded out with a "action not possible here"

Message 9 of 16 (3,617 Views)

Hero
@rqdechi_town Thank you for testing.

So I guess it's all interaction where you have something following you. I would say it's probably a design choice to have it this way but the message could be better.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 16 (3,591 Views)