Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [SE] Proper Sims get +2 Discomfort after getting Freelance job

by DJGeoRob

Original Post

[OPEN] [SE] Proper Sims get +2 Discomfort after getting Freelance job

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.68.156.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? I own all expansions, game packs, and stuff packs up to an including the Snowy Escape expansion pack.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Create a Sim with the "Proper" character trait. Then have the Sim get a job in the Freelance
What happens when the bug occurs? When a Sim with the "Proper" character trait attempts to enter the Freelance Career, they get a +2 uncomfortable moodlet for 24 sim hours called No More Loyalty (from quitting career).
What do you expect to see? I expect to see this moodlet appear when they quit employment not when they acquire employment.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I created three different sims in a brand new save with no mods, CC or cheats on. All three have the "Proper" character trait. Two of them entered the Freelance career and immediately got this +2 uncomfortable moodlet from quitting their jobs which lasted 24 hours. The third got a job in business and didn't get the moodlet. I also had a sim without the character trait apply for a freelance job and they didn't get the moodlet (I assume this moodlet only appears for "Proper" sims anyway).  I had one of the sims quit her career and the moodlet just refreshed to 24 hours again. 

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 5 (1,825 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [SE] Proper Sims get +2 Discomfort after getting Freelance job

★★★★ Apprentice

I had this same issue as well, found a workaround using sims.remove_all_buffs cheat. 

Alex (my Sim) was not a proper Sim. 

Message 2 of 5 (1,692 Views)

★ Guide

I have same issue with sim having the proper trait getting this issue when starting any freelance career and not quitting a job.

Product: The Sims 4
Platform: PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.83.24.1030

What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? I own all expansions, game packs, and stuff packs and free stuff. Do not own any of kits.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Create a Sim with the "Proper" character trait. Then have the Sim get a job in the Freelance
What happens when the bug occurs? When a Sim enters the Freelance Career, they get a +2 uncomfortable moodlet for 24 sim hours called No More Loyalty (from quitting career).
What do you expect to see? I expect to see this moodlet appear only when they quit employment not when they acquire employment. Preferably I don't want this discomfort, I work freelance and I wasn't ever uncomfortable about leaving the company I worked for to freelance. Seriously...who would?
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used either. Same issue on both existing and new save files
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Issus appeared after recent patch update on 1/25/2022. Did not have this issue prior to this update.

Message 3 of 5 (1,371 Views)

★ Guide

That workaround is not working for me Disappointed

Message 4 of 5 (1,370 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [SE] Proper Sims get +2 Discomfort after getting Freelance job

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I created a proper, family oriented, cheerful sim for my 20th+ attempt at 100 baby. She joined the freelance programming career since I learned that helps make 5-star celebs (my previous attempt had a sim without the proper trait in the freelance programming career with no issues). This is her first career and the moodlet shouldn't appear or overpower the needed moodlets that I have her get into. She is not a loyal sim and shouldn't care about "no more loyalty" especially when the proper trait description doesn't mention anything about careers. All it says is "These sims tend to disapprove of other sims improper behavior such as mean or mischievous socials, but find themselves happier in formal outfits and have a much easier time with friendly and romantic socials." The friendly and romantic socials part is why I tried the proper trait since I didn't want to focus on just romance (romantic trait) or charisma (outgoing trait). Please get this fixed. We don't need two bugged loyal traits! It doesn't help that she's pregnant so she has 3 uncomfortable moodlets (morning sickness, sore back from a cheap bed, and the bugged no more loyalty)

Message 5 of 5 (500 Views)