by vikingspirit2

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] [SE] Plants fade too fast During Gamplay

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.68.154.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything except the Star Wars one.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? In play mode, try zooming in toward any Snowy Escape plants you have built in Build mode on the lot. Before you even get close to them, they disappear (not like the plants from other expansions and the base game which disappear only when you get really close). This doesn't happen in Build mode, just play mode.
What happens when the bug occurs? Snowy Escape plants disappear on the lot; they only reappear if you zoom really far out in play mode.
What do you expect to see? My Snowy Escape plants up close.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Hi,

I noticed a problem with Snowy Escape plants disappearing too early when you zoom in to the lot where you built them. I created a traditional Japanese house with a bonsai tree and some bamboo trees in a sand garden inside, however, those trees (including the ones outside in the garden) disappear when I am in play mode unless I zoom out a fair distance.

I don't have the movement cheat or any cheats enabled right now. I also noticed while trying to upload this lot to the gallery that a few of my items went missing (including all the plants and a few stones exclusive to the Snowy Escape expansion).

I've attached a link to my latest save file. You will find the house in Mt. Komorebi at the base of the mountain in a 20x15 rental lot.

Save file:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1hG3__cPPlM1Aa-OBLxniebPoiOw84Akr/view?usp=sharing 

InkedWith bonzai_LI.jpg

InkedWithout bonzai_LI.jpg

InkedZoomed in_LI.jpg

Inkedzoomed out_LI.jpg

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title

Message 1 of 12 (915 Views)

Re: [SE] Plants from fade too fast During Gamplay

Hero
@vikingspirit2 Tested your house and can't duplicate this.Looks fine to me.

Test both windowed and full screen

Could you post a screenshot of your graphics settings ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 12 (861 Views)

Hero
@vikingspirit2 Could you post a screenshot of your settings ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 12 (835 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@crinrict 

Hi Crin,

I've attached a screenshot of my graphics settings. Thank you for looking into this for me! Standard smile

Message 4 of 12 (822 Views)

Hero
@vikingspirit2 Tried to duplicate on your settings and it's still fine for me.

Are you using any tools like reshade ? What's your graphics card ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 12 (815 Views)

★ Apprentice
@crinrict I have been using f.lux which is a screen color adjuster and I installed my own graphics card, it is an NVIDIA GeForce GT 710.
Message 6 of 12 (794 Views)

Hero
@vikingspirit2 It's a bit odd that it's only the new plants but could you try without that screen color adjusting for testing ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 12 (785 Views)

★ Apprentice
@crinrict I'll do that. Thanks, Crinrict!
Message 8 of 12 (771 Views)

Hero
@vikingspirit2 Did you get a chance to try ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 12 (740 Views)

★ Apprentice
@crinrict Hi Crinrict, I tried turning off the screen filter program and put my graphic settings on Ultra high, but no results. It is so weird how the Japanese plants disappear but none of the others do. Oh well. Thanks for trying to help me figure it out! Standard smile
Message 10 of 12 (720 Views)