by NaerysW

Original Post

[OPEN] [SE] Monster Free Bed: Child waking up with the terror animation

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.68.156.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have children in a household, maybe only in Mt Komorebi (didn't test with other families). They always wake up screaming with the "terror" animation like when there is a monster, except there is none, they haven't had a nightmare, they just woke up, on their own or by clicking on the action.
What happens when the bug occurs? The Sim children wake up with the terror animation every day, without any monster or nightmare, in any mood (I have seen Fine, Happy, Energetic, and Sad).
What do you expect to see? Sims should wake up with the appropriate animation, and children should only wake up in terror when the monster wakes them up.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The latest patch for Snowy Escape (after it being out).

The subject already exists on AHQ but since it had been fixed with a previous patch, I have been asked to create a new topic, so there it is.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title

Message 1 of 11 (1,333 Views)

Re: Child sims waking up with the terror animation

★★★★ Apprentice
@NaerysW It happened to me in Oasis Springs world.
Message 2 of 11 (1,315 Views)

Hero
@NaerysW Which bed are you guys using ?
@ctamarti

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 11 (1,300 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

@crinrictThe new single one from Snow Escape 

Message 4 of 11 (1,293 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

@crinrict  Ah, the new 1-person bed from Snowy Escape, I’ll try the other ones and get back to you asap!

Message 5 of 11 (1,292 Views)

Hero
@ctamarti @NaerysW

Sounds like they might have put the bug back on this one then.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 11 (1,287 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

@crinrict Yes that must be it, I changed the beds and they wake up normally. Thank you for solving the mystery! Now I hope this will be patched because the designs are cool

Message 7 of 11 (1,267 Views)

Hero
@NaerysW Credits for finding this go to @jpkarlsen :D

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 11 (1,241 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [SE] Monster Free Bed: Child waking up with the terror animati

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

Seeing this on PS4 with the monster free bed also. The child wakes up in fright every morning. 

Edit: Adding a night light (Starry night or the Defender light) makes no difference and the child doesn't get the night light buff. 

Message 9 of 11 (1,181 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [SE] Monster Free Bed: Child waking up with the terror animati

★★★★ Pro

I'm also having this problem with the monster-free bed. I've seen it happening in several homes in several worlds, so it's most likely the bed that is the problem. Especially that it's called "monster-free" makes me think that they accidentally did something backwards when making the bed monster-free.

Message 10 of 11 (989 Views)