Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [SE] Maki/ Seaweed Ramen not appearing in cookbook

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.68.154.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Snowy Escape, Discover University, Island Living, seasons, cats and dogs, city living, get to work, realm of magic, vampires, spa day, dine out, outdoor retreat, nifty knitting, laundry day, bowling.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try starting a new game, or loading an old one where you have a sim that is at least the right cooking level to cook the new recipes.
What happens when the bug occurs? On my new fresh save for Snowy Escape, my sim is now cooking 7 and can cook some of the new recipes. The only reason I knew was, because I loaded an old save where I had a maxed out cooking, and she had salmon,tuna,avocado Maki, and salmon,tuna,tamago Nigiri at levels 3 and 5 respectively. My other old saves with master chefs as well as this new one they are missing these recipes.
What do you expect to see? The new Maki and Nigiri recipes to be available to cook.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Snowy Escape and patch.

I wouldn't have known it unless I had loaded that one saved game.  I'm missing the new maki and nigiri recipes on a new game, as well as in other older saves with maxed cooking sims too.  

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title

Message 1 of 15 (3,647 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [SE] Missing some new recipes

Hero

Recipes from this pack will now appear when unlocking Gourmet Cooking Skill Levels. Particularly Level 3 and 5. Yum.

Fixed in Patch 1.73.48/ 1.40

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 15 of 15 (3,599 Views)

All Replies

★★★★ Apprentice

I THINK I found the issue.  I started leveling up my sims gourmet cooking skill, just hit 3 and the maki recipes are available now, but they are in the regular cooking menu, not gourmet.  I think somehow it's comparing the skill level you need with the gourmet skill instead.  That would explain why my old save sim knew them all but the others didn't, as I had leveled gourmet to max on her but not the other sims.  

Message 2 of 15 (3,584 Views)

★ Guide

I didn't see this before I posted in General Discussion. I asked if it was a bug or by design. I have this same problem, but mine never fixed itself. 

Message 3 of 15 (3,571 Views)

★★ Guide

Just tested this after seeing the earlier comment and can confirm that gourmet cooking level influences the maki recipes:

My sim was created after Snowy Escape came out, has been learning cooking gradually since then, is now Cooking 8. I double-checked and she has no maki or nigiri recipes. I leveled her gourmet cooking a bit, and at gourmet cooking 3 the three maki rolls unlocked in regular Cooking. Haven't yet leveled it further, but expecting the nigiris to unlock in similar fashion later on.

It almost feels like they were first planned to be placed into gourmet cooking, and coded in like that, but then it was decided that they're in normal cooking after all and it was changed, but not everywhere where it counts.

Message 4 of 15 (3,564 Views)

EA Staff

Hello.

I heard this is by design.  New recipes in Snowy escape, Maki roll (all its variants) and Nigiri (all its variants) needs Gourmet skill to be able to cook.

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 5 of 15 (3,536 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I wasn't yet gourmet 5 when I made my first post, but I just did and she now knows the nigiri now too. I thought the expert branch salaryperson recipe might reveal itself soon too, but no luck. Kinda figured that one might be a separate issue anyway. 

Message 6 of 15 (3,537 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@SimGuruRitzy Really? Shouldn’t they be in the gourmet cooking book then? Seems a little odd.
Message 7 of 15 (3,535 Views)

EA Staff

Hello @WhantSomeEggs 

You are right, Recipe being part of gourmet skill book sounds like it might be an oversight on our end, we'll investigate.

Thanks!

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 8 of 15 (3,511 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

You’re welcome, thank you for your help! (:

Message 9 of 15 (3,496 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@SimGuruRitzy   My sim  got the egg ramen and miso ramen recipes, but did not get the seaweed ramen recipe or the beef ramen. The egg and miso showed up at the same time, aren't the sesaweed and beef versions the same cooking level, is odd if not. Also, rhe ramen recipes showed up under the homestyle cooking menu, not gourmet cookiing. I don't think my sim even had gourmet cooking.

Thanks for the help and info.

Message 10 of 15 (3,479 Views)