by alicejellie

Original Post

[NEEDS SAVES] [SE] Food stalls always closed

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.68.156.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats and Dogs, City Living, Discover University, Eco Lifestyle, Get Famous, Get to Work, Get Together, Island Living, Seasons, Snowy Escape; Dine Out, Jungle Adventure, Outdoor Retreat, Parenthood, Realm of Magic, Spa Day, Strangerville, Vampires; Bowling Night Stuff, Cool Kitchen Stuff, Fitness Stuff, Kids Room Stuff, Laundry Day, Luxury Party, Moschino, Movie Hangout, Perfect Patio, Romantic Garden, Tiny Living, Toddler Stuff, and Vintage Glamour
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go to the festival locations in snowy escape or anywhere there are food stalls.
What happens when the bug occurs? No vendors show up at the food stalls during festivals or general time. The stalls are always closed.
What do you expect to see? Vendors showing up at the food stalls
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Update for the snowy escape patch

Prior to snowy escape, vendors showed up consistently on the non-editable areas of the world where food stalls are at. After the patch updates/purchase of snowy escape, vendors stopped showing up at the food stalls. It's especially noticeable during festivals. The booths are always closed. Since it's in the non-editable locations of the world, there is no option to hire vendors. Hiring vendors works fine in player-editable community lots. I have removed all custom content, repaired,  and factory re-set the game, the problem is still showing up for me. Is this just my computer?

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 25 (9,900 Views)

Re: Food stalls always closed - Snowy Escape

★★ Pro
@alicejellie It's not just you. I've been hanging around in Mt. Komorebi trying to wait for the food stalls to open so my sim could try the new foods but no luck! No vendors show up. :/
Message 2 of 25 (9,862 Views)

Re: Food stalls always closed - Snowy Escape

★★★ Apprentice

For me it's really random, sometimes the stalls are open, sometimes they are not, no matter how long I wait. It doesn't really make sense. 

Message 3 of 25 (9,851 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [SE] Food stalls always closed

[ Edited ]
Hero

@alicejellie Is anyone still see this after today's patch ? There's a note about food stalls but specifically to festivals

Some feedback would be great

Food Stalls at Mt. Komorebi Festivals won’t be closing shop randomly during Festival hours anymore. <guitar and piano intro> Closing time, open all the Stalls and eat all the food in the world…Closing time, turn all the lights on and let Yamachan greet you heeeere…

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 25 (9,714 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi! 

The stalls during festivals are now open. I still can’t access the normal stalls on the mountain in Mt Komorebi, but the other worlds are fine. 

Thank you!

Message 5 of 25 (9,691 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@crinrict I'm still having this problem
Message 6 of 25 (9,619 Views)

Hero
@Carly33668890 At festivals too ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 7 of 25 (9,602 Views)

★★★★ Novice

The most recent festival I had was the kids one in snowy escape and it didn't even appear, it said it was currently on but when I was at the location nothing was set up, it's a recent bug.

Message 8 of 25 (9,596 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

I just had the same problem as Carly33668890 except for the Snow Festival. (The one with the snow sculptures.) I've seen that festival since playing the game, but the most recent time, I received the notice to go to the festival and I happened to already be in that neighborhood -- but it didn't populate.  No vendors, no special objects or anything, like the big snow sculptures. The area stayed empty.

Edited to add: My festival finally showed up the next time it was scheduled, but still no vendors in the food stalls. The stall in Mt. Komorebi is permanently closed every time I go to that neighborhood, festival or no festival. I took my cat to the vet and the public stalls in Brindleton Bay were closed, too -- so no festival involved, just a stall in the open world. To clarify, these are the stalls placed by the game showing up closed/with no vendors, not stalls I can click or move or access.

I also have removed all mods/CC from my game and deleted cache. Neither helped.

Message 9 of 25 (9,489 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I’m having this same problem but the stalls have never been open in the MTK world since I’ve downloaded it. Other worlds don’t have this issue. 

Message 10 of 25 (9,369 Views)