by crinrict

Original Post

[OPEN] [SD] Yoga classes not working as intended

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Português
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.47.51.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All until Get Famous
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Just go to the Spa Lot
What happens when the bug occurs? Spa staff do not function properly, and the whole experience is destroyed. As soon as I arrive at the Spa, some employees who were already on the lot leave and others appear next.. Yoga instructor does not appear in the lot, and when it appears, it remains in the lot for only a few minutes and goes away without even starting a yoga session. Sims NPCs who visit spas simply do not use massage service, which makes masseurs stay in IDLE status without doing anything at all.
What do you expect to see? I wish the npcs who worked in the spa would work properly. Let the Yoga instructor show up at the spa and do his yoga sessions with other Sims. I would like visitors to ask for a masseur massage service.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I can not take it anymore. The spa lot is an extremely problematic place to visit. Until recently, only masseuses were not working properly, but now even yoga instructors present problems.

Massage therapists simply stand without doing anything because Sims npcs who visit the lot simply do not use the massage servisse, yes, they don't use de massage servisse. And that has already been THREE YEARS. ------>>>>>>> There is even a post talking about this in this forum that is being ignored: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-SD-Sims-visiting-spas-do-not-get-massages-autonomously / mp / 6897290 / highlight / true

And now, to further worsen the situation, Yoga instructors do not appear on the lot. And if by some miracle they appear, they remain there for only a few minutes and then leave without even initiating a Yoga session.

Please solve these problems. I'm already on a ridiculously high stress level because something that should work, does not work. I paid for this game,

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag

Message 1 of 9 (3,228 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [SD] Spas no longer work. Experience destroyed.

Hero

I tested this a bit in my game and for me it was a hit and miss, depending on the venue.

Some worked perfectly without issues but the bigger the venue, the more issues with the yoga instructor.

I believe this is still an issue: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-SD-Yoga-freezes-game-if-teacher-can-t-reach-class-... and this that's supposed to be fixed still doesn't work in some cases: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/FIXED-SD-No-animation-playing-doing-yoga-class/m-p/6488067

I also had a few exceptions when trying to join a class so I don't know what's that about.

I'm marking this as needs input for now to get some more voices to this and how it works for other people.

Trying to keep it on yoga classes/teacher though, hence I changed the title to reflect that.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 9 (3,059 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT/A] [SD] Yoga classes not working as intended

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

I went into my game and noticed the same. Only one sim went and got a foot massage. Most that were there went to do yoga when the class spawned up and the rest just stood around once in a while doing sit ups and push ups or what not. But the massage therapists and reflexologists just stood around reading their books as OP said. It really makes the Spa seem dead. I am also using the Maxis made Perfect Balance Spa and I did not renovate this lot either so everything is as it was originally created.

As far as the yoga class it worked fine for me. I had this problem as OP did a while ago but it seems to be fixed for me now. The problem I'm seeing are sims going to get massages they don't seem to interact with that nor do the go meditate. I forgot to add it seems as if sims arent using the steam room as well like they used to. I may get one other sim in there with my active sim. Very disappointing as my spa used to be very active in the past.

Message 3 of 9 (3,045 Views)
Highlighted

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [SD] Yoga classes not working as intended

Hero
Added as needs input.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 9 (3,015 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [SD] Yoga classes not working as intended

★ Guide

My sims cannot join a yoga class.  Click on the instructor and nothing.

Message 5 of 9 (2,855 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [SD] Yoga classes not working as intended

★ Guide

Not sure if this is where I need to report that I’ve experienced in multiple occasions yoga classes in spas not doing animations. Might be related to simulation lag as the Sims stand there then just do the last animation or two the instructor did, and then the class is over. (But other Sims seem to function just fine in the background exercising and talking with expression.)

I’m on XBox Series S. 

Message 6 of 9 (1,812 Views)

★★★★ Guide

I have a similar problem but with my own Sims's classes

When I go to Spa everything seems in order.

A few Sims uses the spa's services wichs is odd, more should do it.

A lot of them participate on the yoga classes from the lot's teacher...

But the classes my Sim's do, no one ever comes.

And when they do come, they just stand/sit for a second and then go away, they don't keep in the class. So I cant get money from this...

Message 7 of 9 (1,780 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Could anyone experiencing this issue possibly share a save file where you've seen it occur? You can DM me the link to your save, thanks so much for the help!

Instructions for sharing your save: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Tea...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 8 of 9 (1,593 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
Sims cannot have any possibility of dropping out of class to do something else. Here's what I do: I have a Yoga club. So when the members arrive, they all head to the area where the Yoga mats are and then I lock the doors. So no one can go and do any other activity. Then, everyone participates in the Yoga class. The problem seems to be that some other action queues up the things the Sim is going to do, which causes class participation to be cancelled.
Message 9 of 9 (1,572 Views)