by crinrict

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] [SD] Children Cannot Take Bubble Bathes

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.32
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All (except Journey to Batuu)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a childage Sim try to "Take Bubble Bath"
What happens when the bug occurs? The Sim says that they are unable to use the object or they cannot reach it despite being able to use other interactions such as Take Bath, Play in Bath, Take Bathes with Soaks (Spa Day) etc.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see my Child Sim, especially children being able to have Bubble Bathes.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Updated to the latest patch 1.32. I am always playing so I feel it has to be somewhat recent.

Nothing is in the way to prevent the Sim from using the object as the Sim can still have regular bathes and spa day enabled bathes 

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 13 (1,375 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [SD] Children Cannot Take Bubble Bathes

★★★★★ Apprentice

i can confirm that child sims can take bubble baths as my sim child took one last night when i was playing

Message 2 of 13 (1,339 Views)

Hero
@Dan20153 Do you have a shower/tub or a tub ? I tested this and mine was also unable to take one.

What platform are you on ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 13 (1,328 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Origin and PS4

Message 4 of 13 (1,318 Views)

Hero
@Dan20153 Do you have a shower/tub or a tub ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 13 (1,312 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

in my sims massive shopping complex i have a bath shower combi

Message 6 of 13 (1,306 Views)

Hero
@Dan20153 So maybe it works on combos and not on single tubs. I tried a single tub

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 13 (1,300 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

@crinrictI also only tried a regular tub.

I just play tested with all the tubs/combos on an empty lot and my child Sim was able to use all of them for bubble baths. So now I'm even more confused lol 

Message 8 of 13 (1,290 Views)
Highlighted

Hero
@Bearpal64 so regular tabs also started working ? I just tried with one child in a old save game and it didn't work there.

I haven't tested combos.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 13 (1,274 Views)

Champion

Is there anything near it though? It might be the bubble bath animation requires a different space. I was confused when my Sims could take baths or showers in the base game shower/tub combo, but couldn’t bathe the dog - then I realized I had to move the toilet because while they could get in and out fine for normal showers/baths, they insisted on using the very front of the tub (where the toilet partially blocked it) in order to put the dog in. I hadn’t tried a bubble bath or a kid before remodeling to move the toilet.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
I am a Volunteer for Answers HQ, I do not work for EA
She/Her
Message 10 of 13 (1,269 Views)