[NEEDS SAVES] [S] Winter Trees Appear Through Walls

by Hoskins_Origin

Original Post

Re: Aliasing Lines Showing through anything in front of them

Hero
@Kyr0e Looks a bit like this: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-S-Winter-Trees-Appear-Through-Walls/m-p/7097053 although that was specific to winter.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 11 of 16 (524 Views)

★ Guide

@crinrict I've done some light testing, and it seems that it may be a winter-exclusive problem. Yes, my problem and the other thread you linked have the same effects and parameters.

Message 12 of 16 (509 Views)

Hero
@Kyr0e Thank you for you feedback. I merged your post then. You may want to click the me too button.

I was going to change the title but if you say it's winter for you too, I'm going to leave it as is.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 13 of 16 (487 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [S] Winter Trees Appear Through Walls

Community Manager (retired)

Can anyone who has encountered this issue recently possibly share a save file where you've seen it occur? Your Config.log (located in \Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4) would also be very helpful. You can DM me the link to your files, thanks so much!

Instructions for sharing your files: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Tea...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 14 of 16 (312 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [S] Winter Trees Appear Through Walls

★★★★ Apprentice

Hi. I've recently had this happen in my game. I couldn't figure out what was making the lines on my screen and then I figure it out that it was the trees. My game season is currently in fall atm and I am playing in Brindleton Bay. 

Has anyone found a fix for this? 

Message 15 of 16 (207 Views)

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] [S] Winter Trees Appear Through Walls

★★★★★ Apprentice

Hi, 

I have  noticed this issue as well.

I play with mods and Gshade, so initially thought it could be them.

However, I have tested my game without any mod and with turned off Gshade.

I have tested it after I removed EA folder and repaired my game though (to be sure).

Issue is indeed related only to the winter time and only when there is snow on the ground and on foliage. Those thin white lines follow the camera at a certain angle. 

They do not appear in CAS.

In my case, I think, its the debug grass from cottage living is giving this glitch, but might be also trees, cant be sure as I have both on my lot.

In Willow Creek and in Chestnut Ridge, in my game, is snowy winter and both worlds are with mentioned glitch currently.

I also tested the game in a sunny region, such as Dell Sol  Valley, - no glitch.

See screenshot.

Let me know if more files needed for it.

BR,

Genevieve.

Message 16 of 16 (17 Views)