by Hoskins_Origin

Original Post

[NEEDS SAVES] [S] Winter Trees Appear Through Walls

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.46.18.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expanisions All game packs except vampires Stuff packs: Laundry day, bowling, movie, romantic garden, kids room, backyard, cool kitchen, perfect patio
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Winter season, trees covered in snow, good place to try is 64x64 lot in windenburg look at the walls, use a light colored wall paper, I have a blue wallpaper, and zoom in.
What happens when the bug occurs? The bug occurs in winter, trees from outside that are covered in snow, especially on the 64x64 lot in windenburg, glitches through the wall and sims to show an outline of the frosted tree outside, easiest to see when zoomed in.
What do you expect to see? Trees not having lines visible through walls and people during winter
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The season expansion

In the photo you can see it glitch through the wall and curtain, the second photo are the trees that cause it, note this is the 64x64 lot in windenburg. This also is not a hardware issue as I have multiple laptops, this seems to occur with frozen trees in winter that clip through objects and walls, note this also occurs with sims as well, no matter the distance it will clip however its worst the closer it is. 

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag

Message 1 of 16 (4,111 Views)

Re: Sims 4 Seasons Winter Trees Appear Through Walls

[ Edited ]
EA Staff

Hi @Hoskins_Origin

Thank you for your report!

Can we get some full screen screenshot of the scene, so we can check the location of the trees and the walls?

We can glance that there's something going on, but some more screenshots might help a lot. 

Thank you very much. 

Message 2 of 16 (4,036 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I have a few more also which ill add in another reply. The reason they were not full photos before is I posted on my phone which could not upload this size apparently. 

Message 3 of 16 (4,022 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Continued

Message 4 of 16 (4,018 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

This one you can see it through the bookcase, I follow it into the bedroom, then drop the wall so you can see which trees are causing it, if need more screenshot I can do that. @SimGuruIcarus

Message 5 of 16 (4,016 Views)

EA Staff

Thank you for the screenshots. We will give this a look!.

Happy Simming! 

Message 6 of 16 (3,981 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

So I was wondering how it was coming with looking into this bug/glitch and if it'll be in a patch?

Message 7 of 16 (3,862 Views)

Aliasing Lines Showing through anything in front of them

★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.56.52.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything but Realm of Magic, My First Pet Stuff, and Island Living.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Just look in the direction of any tree whilst within a house.
What happens when the bug occurs? Strange aliasing lines from trees and other outdoor structures show up through walls and other solid obstacles.
What do you expect to see? No aliasing lines.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

11-02-19_8-10-07 PM.png

It's super hard to see in this image, as the site seems to darken any example I try to post, so this is as good as I can get. Look closely however, and you can see some slight shimmering lines and dots on the wall.

Message 8 of 16 (3,541 Views)

Re: Aliasing Lines Showing through anything in front of them

Hero
@Kyr0e Could you encircle the issue and maybe upload the pic to a third party site and post the link. I really can't see anything on that picture.

Clipping has always been an issue though and sometimes whole trees show through the wall.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 9 of 16 (3,516 Views)

Re: Aliasing Lines Showing through anything in front of them

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@crinrict 

Here it is I uploaded it to imgur after a quick jaunt into paint. Should be easier to see once zoomed in.

Message 10 of 16 (3,499 Views)