by crinrict

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] [S] Umbrellas break fertilizing

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.45.62.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Wait for fall, get an umbrella (I'm using the multi-colored spotted (white base) one), have 12 beds full of excellent, magnificent and pristine plants spread out around your garden (and a newly grown cow plant), go to fertilizing them when it's raining, see if the sim completes the action.
What happens when the bug occurs? As soon as I got myself an umbrella fertilizing plants has become buggy. I choose to fertilize the plants, the sim walks outside and either does or doesn't put up an umbrella right away and one of two things happens, either it walks to the plant, puts up the umbrella and all the fertilizing actions drop off the action bar (they don't even cancel out, you know when you see a X over the icon, they just drop off the bar) or the sim puts up the umbrella while walking to the plant and half way to the plant the fertilizing action falls off the action bar.
What do you expect to see? Fertilizing action not dropping off action bar.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Extra info:

I had removed seasons recently because I was experiencing an idle bug but missed the weather so reinstalled the expansion and just game myself the loner trait and need no one perk trait. Anyway I thought maybe it was a corrupted installation so I uninstalled and reinstalled and this sill happened.

▶ If I walk my sim in front of the plant first and when the sim stops then select fertilize it still happens, the sim walks to spot (doesn't raise umbrella most of the time) then as soon as I pick fertilize the sim raises the umbrella and it cancels out the fertilizing request.

▶ I did have mods, removed them and bug still occurred, started a fresh game no cc and the same thing occurred, this leads me to believe it's not cc related, could be wrong but I didn't have an umbrella for a few days into fall and everything was working fine HOWEVER as soon as I picked an umbrella the bug happened.

▶ It is only fertilizing which was doing this, I was able to weed & graft & analyse and all the other gardening actions when my sim had an umbrella, it's only fertilizing that drops off the action bar as soon as the umbrella goes up.

▶ It's also all fish, well all fish except a handful of rares like armored catfish, anglerfish, vamp fish etc because I didn't have any of those at the time. I tried to fertilize on a random selection of plants around my house (my magnificent & excellent black bean bush, basil, sage bush, money tree & muckleberry bush) and tried fertilizing with all the fish I had on me and I was able to recreate the bug over and over. On the fresh game I obviously didn't have the fishing skill to fish the rarer fish I tried in my cc on/off save but even with the common grades the bug still occurred.

As I type I don't know how to remove the umbrella off my sim but I figure, for now, that is going to be the fix for me.

Message 1 of 6 (1,101 Views)

Re: Umbrellas break fertilizing

★★★★★ Guide
edit: umbrella isn't found in inventory, unsure if it's meant to be since I've never looked for it before. If it is meant to be there maybe this is the source of the bug? have no idea how to get rid of it TT_TT
Message 2 of 6 (1,082 Views)

Hero
The umbrella not being in the inventory is by design. You can remove it by clicking on the stand again.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 6 (1,074 Views)

Hero
Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 6 (1,038 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

LOL of course it was that simple. Thanks for letting me know how to do it I get the wet unhappy moodlet but since I'm a gardener fertilizing is more important.

Message 5 of 6 (1,019 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [S] Umbrellas break fertilizing

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

My sim is in Tomarang as a tenant. She is gardening to pay her rent and finance college before she takes over the world as a landlord.   Anyway, my sims always have an umbrella and she had started to fertilize just fine when it began to rain. All of a sudden she could not fertilize anymore.

I did figure out to remove the umbrella and she was able to complete fertilizing which is good since it is her only income. All of my sims garden whether they want to or not, because it's fantastic income and a me thing since Sims 1. Cool

I came here to report the issue and I see someone has beat me to it. Yes removing the umbrella will allow you to fertilize but you shouldn't have to. So the issue still needs to be fixed. Wink 

Message 6 of 6 (492 Views)