Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: Sims constantly change into their Cold Outdoor Outfit

by TheSteelRodent

Original Post

Hero
@mayorbrenton Are you using any mods/cc in your game ?

Happy Gaming
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 11 of 19 (326 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Yes I am it's been happening since after the 6/10/20 patch

Message 12 of 19 (308 Views)

Hero
@mayorbrenton Could you test if it's related to a certain save or also happens if you start a new one for testing purposes ?

Think there would be more reports if it was something regular.

There is a report for inside the house in winter with thermostat though.

Happy Gaming
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 13 of 19 (294 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Guide

This has been a general problem since seasons came out. Whenever it's cold outside (any of the cold temps) they will put on cold weather clothes when they're inside no matter if you have the heat turned on or not. If you manually tell them to put on normal clothes they'll keep that outfit till they go outside, but if they go out and come back in they won't change out of the warm clothes (which they did in Sims 2 and 3). On the other hand if you have the heat off and let the house become freezing, they won't put on warm clothes automatically, even when they're about to freeze to death.

Message 14 of 19 (269 Views)

Hero
@TheSteelRodent yeah but this is about them putting cold wear on in summer as well.

Happy Gaming
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 15 of 19 (264 Views)

Hero
@sundanceatebecca Do you have a thermostat and could this be your issue: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-S-Thermostats-No-Longer-Work/td-p/9204056 ?

Happy Gaming
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 16 of 19 (228 Views)

★ Novice

I do have a thermostat. It does seem like that could be my issue too.

My sims were only changing into outerwear when I started up the game and when they came in from outside. Now they are putting it on when they get up and after showers and not taking it off.

Message 17 of 19 (216 Views)

Hero
@sundanceatebecca Going to merge this thread.

There's several on cold outfits inside though

- https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-S-Sims-change-into-cold-weather-clothes-inside/td-...
- https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/TO-ADD-S-Sims-wearing-cold-weather-outfit-every-time-game-load...

Maybe it's a mixture of them.

Happy Gaming
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 18 of 19 (193 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I have this bug too! Maybe change the title on this thread, I don't know if the bug is from the termostat? (I didn't find this bug report first because I searched for things like: "Outwear / Outdoor / Cold weather" outfit / Clothes and "Sims keeping Outdoor clothes on after getting indoors", Or do I have another bug? The bug also occured in a house without a termostat). 

Product: The Sims 4
Platform: PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Swedish
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.71.86.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? EP: Get to Work, Get Together, City Living, Cats and Dogs, Seasons, Get Famous, Discover University, Eco Lifestyle, Snowy Escape GP: Outdoor Retreat, Spa Day, Dine Out, Parenthood, Jungle Adventure SP: Perfect Patio, Cool Kitchen, Spooky, Movie Hangout, Romantic Garden, Kids Room, Backyard, Vintage Glamour, Bowling Night, Fitness, Toddler, Laundry, Moschino, Tiny Living, Nifty Knitting KITS: Bust The Dust OTHER: Holiday Celebration
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves?
Have a sim wear their Cold weather outfit and be outdoors (change into the outfit by clicking on the sim or just make the sim go outside so they change their clothes)
Make the sim go indoors
What happens when the bug occurs?
The sim will not change into their Indoor / Every day outfit after getting indoors but instead keep the Cold weather clothes on. They will keep on their Outdoor clothes until they perform a task that requires a change of clothes (example: make them shower and the sim will change into their Every day clothes afterwards). The bug appears in the transistion between Outdoors => Indoors.
What do you expect to see? That the sim changes into Every day / Hot weather clothes after coming indoors
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes / Maybe
Please describe the patch or change you made. 
Not sure, but maybe that this bug appeared (in my game) after one of the updates after Snowy Escape, maybe before BDK kit? (Nov 2020-Mar 2021?). I think I haven't seen this bug before that???

I tested with multiple sims on a new save file. I tested with/without the shoe rack (updated clutter item from Snowy Escape) on the lot. I tested with/without the termostat (Seasons EP) on the lot (the heat was on). It was Autumn season in the game when I tested the bug. The bug occured with both Young adults and Toddlers (I didn't test all life stages, but probably with all of them).

Message 19 of 19 (105 Views)