by crinrict

Original Post

[OPEN] [S] Thermostats No Longer Work

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.136.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Expansions: All Game Packs: Outdoor Retreat, Dine Out, Spa Day, Strangerville Stuff Packs: My First Pet, Perfect Patio, Moschino, Tiny House
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Place a thermostat on a lot.
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims will still wear their outerwear indoors. They no longer get the Moodlet from wearing their outerwear indoors and being too hot. Sims that are not in outerwear get the cold Moodlet. Sims don't get the Moodlets from having the thermostat on.
What do you expect to see? Sims to wear their normal clothing when the thermostat is on. Sims to experience the Moodlets related to the thermostat being on.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. 1.63.136.1010

See above.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 32 (1,873 Views)

Re: [S] Thermostats No Longer Work

Hero
@canelacaliente Do they change back when you choose too ?

This has always been an issue: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-S-Sims-change-into-cold-weather-clothes-inside/td-... although the moodlet thing sounds new.

Do they change into it after taking a shower or getting up as well or only when coming in from outside ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 32 (1,824 Views)

★★★ Pro

@crinrict 

Do they change back when you choose too?

If I have them change back to normal, they will.

Do they change into it after taking a shower or getting up as well or only when coming in from outside?

They change after taking a shower.

They do not receive any Moodlets from the thermostat, positive or negative.

Message 3 of 32 (1,792 Views)

Hero
@canelacaliente What I meant is (first question), if you choose normal, will they auto-change back to outdoor after a while or only after shower/sleeping

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 32 (1,779 Views)

★★★ Pro
@crinrict If I turn the thermostat off they will wear their outdoor clothing inside the house if it is hot or cold.
Message 5 of 32 (1,753 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [S] Thermostats No Longer Work

★ Guide

I'm having this issue too. For me, they don't just continue to wear outwear, they are actively showing the "chilled" moodlet while in a room with a running thermostat in the winter. It seems to come and go, as occasionally they will show moodlets acknowledging that the heat is on, and other times they won't. Kids seem to be most affected by it as well.

Message 6 of 32 (1,721 Views)

Sims constantly change into their Cold Outdoor Outfit

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.136.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Discover University, Island Living, Seasons, Cats & Dogs,City Living, Parenthood, Spa Day.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? When going into build/buy mode or going to another lot and coming back.
What happens when the bug occurs? The sims on the lot will all change into their cold outdoor wear no matter what activity they are doing, even if they are in bed.
What do you expect to see? Sims remaining doing their activity and not having changed their outfits.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The June 2020 Patch.

• All Sims from toddlers upwards will change their outfits
  • they will stop their activity and stand in their cold outdoor wear
Message 7 of 32 (1,913 Views)

Re: Sims constantly change into their Cold Outdoor Outfit

Hero
@sundanceatebecca Is this inside only or also outside ? Do you have a thermostat in the house ? Does it also happen in summer ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 32 (1,868 Views)

Hero
@sundanceatebecca Tagging to see questions.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 32 (1,828 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

@crinrictI've been having the same problem both in summer and inside and outside w/ a thermostat 

Message 10 of 32 (1,804 Views)