by burin077

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] [S] Talk Like a Pirate Day: Interaction Rename Inconsistency

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.47.51.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except the following: - Get Famous - My First Pet Stuff - Toddler Stuff - Laundry Day
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Create a Stereogram Tile Shower item (Jungle Adventures) and a Post Modern Shower Stall (Base Game) on a lot that is currently celebrating "Talk Like a Pirate Day" then attempt to interact with both of them.
What happens when the bug occurs? The unique interaction options of the holiday when using the Stereogram Tile Shower do not appear. They appear regularly on most other showers. (Example: Wee Dip = Brisk Shower, Dream of the Sea = Steamy Shower, Contemplate the Waves = Thoughtful Shower)
What do you expect to see? I expect to see consistency on the interactions across all objects.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

This is a low-priority display issue, where the unique-display interactions for Talk Like a Pirate Day on certain intractable objects is inconsistent across every object.

(Note: I am still in the process of documenting objects that are inconsistently displaying for this specific holiday; any additional input regarding it would be appreciated.)

- B

Message 1 of 10 (2,829 Views)

Re: [TO TEST] [S] Talk Like a Pirate Day - Interaction Rename Inconsistency

Hero
Sounds like an overlook to me. All showers should have the same interactions.

So far it's only showers ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 10 (2,763 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
So far; I've tested a few toilets and refrigerators as well, but those have been working.

I will do some more extensive testing on my main lot when I get some time. (Thanksgiving kind of has me a little busy.)

- B
Message 3 of 10 (2,741 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

Okay, I have gone through all of the showers I currently have installed: (TLaPD = Talk Like a Pirate Day)

- Post Modern Shower Stall (Base) (Works as Designed with TLaPD.)
- It's a Shower Tarp! (Outdoor Retreat) (Interaction Rename Inconsistent with TLaPD.)
- Unicorn Dreamshower (Base) (Works as Designed with TLaPD.)
- Waterfall Shower (Outdoor Retreat) (Interaction Rename Inconsistent with TLaPD.)
- RAW Walk-In Shower (Base) (Works as Designed with TLaPD.)
- Plink Shower (City Living) (Interaction Rename Inconsistent with TLaPD.)
- Vintage Subway Tile Shower (Seasons) (Interaction Rename Inconsistent with TLaPD.)
- Under the Sea Clawfoot Tub with Shower (Base) (Works as Designed with TLaPD.)

- Stereogram Tile Shower (Jungle Adventures) (Interaction Rename Inconsistent with TLaPD)

- Tranquil Waters Shower (Luxury Spa Stuff) (Interaction Rename Inconsistent with TLaPD)
- At One With Shower (Fitness Stuff) (Works as Designed with TLaPD.)
- The Peregrine (Base) (Works as Designed with TLaPD.)
- Sheer Will Clawfoot Tub (Vampires) (Works as Designed with TLaPD.)
- Crystal Box Shower Stall (Base) (Works as Designed with TLaPD.)
- Xtreme Shower Tub with Customizable Curtain (Parenthood) (Works as Designed with TLaPD.)
- Double Delight (Base) (Works as Designed with TLaPD.)

- Hygienic Decontamination Pod (Get to Work) (Works as Designed with TLaPD.)

Sorry it took me a bit to get back to this; I've been busy with the Positivity Challenge on quite a number of my lots.

- B

Message 4 of 10 (2,714 Views)

Hero
Thank you

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 10 (2,705 Views)

Re: Talk Like a Pirate Day - Interaction Rename Inconsistency

Hero

Added this as needs input to get a few more voices.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 10 (2,659 Views)

talk like pirate day options only on disfunctional shower/bath

★ Guide

Which language are you playing the game in? Deutsch
What is your current game version number? 1.59.73.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all EP, all GP, a lot of SP
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? testplay the game maybe.
What happens when the bug occurs? on talk like a pirate day, the pirate-shower-options are only availible on the disfunktional shower/bath combo
What do you expect to see? i want the shower/bath combo to work. i expect the pirate -shower options to be available on all showers (maybe even the bathtubs) and in gerneral i'd like to play without having to report a bug every 10 minutes
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

on talk like a pirate day, the pirate-shower-options are only availible on the disfunktional shower/bath combo

i want the shower/bath combo to work. i expect the pirate -shower options to be available on all showers (maybe even the bathtubs)

Message 7 of 10 (2,455 Views)

Re: talk like pirate day options only on disfunctional shower/bath

Hero
@rottenmeier Merged this with exiting thread

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 10 (2,431 Views)

EZPZ and InvisiShower from Uni Expn doesn’t have/limited pirate day options

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Which language are you playing the game in? English
What is your current game version number? Latest patch version
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Trying to click on Almost InvisiShower 2.0 shower during talk like a pirate day, and try to select the Pirate options of “speedy”, “thoughtful” or “brisk” shower. Also trying to click on the EZPZ shower stall- By Umpa Loofa and try to select ANY pirate day options.
What happens when the bug occurs? The only option that changes to a pirate type for InvisiShower 2.0 is “dream of the sea” which is the flirty option. And there are NO pirate options for the ESPZ shower stall-By Umpa Loofa.
What do you expect to see? For all the pirate day options on these showers to be available like the rest of them during pirate day!
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. After latest installation of university. I’ve never had an issue before because these items are only available in University.

I know that there is an issue atm with the tub/shower combos not being able to shower in them properly (being stuck with hygiene depleting and needs depleting) so I was like “I can use my stand alone shower”! Then sadly my sim wasn’t able to participate in the shower aspect of this unless I did the flirty option in the Almost Invisishower 2.0. So seeing that as my only option was kinda sad cuz I really like that stand alone shower and I don’t want her to be flirty but inspired! So I tried to switch it out for the other one that came with university and NO options came up for pirate day! So now she can’t unless I change the shower to a none University stand alone shower lol I hope I’m not the only one who noticed this bug and that it gets fixed soon cuz I really like that shower but I’ll deal with a none university one for now. 

Long story short: These two showers have the normal options for Taking an Inspired, Energized, Flirty (only available in the InvisaShower), and Normal Shower. I would like to see ALL the Pirate Day options available during pirate day on these two University stand alone showers. 

Message 9 of 10 (2,414 Views)

Re: EZPZ and InvisiShower from Uni Expn doesn’t have/limited pirate day options

Hero
@SweetVeggieAmai Merged this with existing thread on the issue.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 10 (2,382 Views)