by luszaa_sims

Original Post

[ARCHIVED] [S] Some plants are still green in winter

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.56.52.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansion packs, game packs, and stuff packs installed.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? When the season turned to winter, some plants are still green. And that looks weird when other surrounding plants are empty in white snow world.
What happens when the bug occurs? When the season turned to winter, some plants are still green. And that looks weird when other surrounding plants are empty in white snow world.
What do you expect to see? I hope leaves of these plants also fall in Autumn and these plants become empty in winter. The same as other plants.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

10-14-19_10-47-50 AM.pngLollipop Topiary

10-14-19_10-48-17 AM.pngMysterious Tree

10-14-19_10-48-48 AM.pngGiant Water Lilies

10-14-19_10-49-04 AM.pngLei-up House Flowers

10-14-19_10-49-16 AM.pngWater Reeds

10-14-19_10-49-47 AM.pngTi Tree

10-14-19_10-50-29 AM.pngPerennials for Millennials

10-14-19_10-51-24 AM.pngWhere The Green Fern Grows

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag

Message 1 of 23 (1,918 Views)

Bug after patch update with bushes/plants

★★★ Newbie

Which language are you playing the game in? Français
What is your current game version number? 1.66.139.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? By playing the game
What happens when the bug occurs? It’s winter time and the bushes stay green.
What do you expect to see? That the bushes change colour when the seasons change
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The patch on September 3th

When I opened the game after I installed the latest patch update the bushes were and still are green in winter time (they weren’t yesterday the 3th of September before I updated the game). I expect them to change colours with the seasons like before. 

Message 2 of 23 (1,930 Views)

Re: Bug after patch update with bushes/plants

Hero
@SabiDesbiens Could you add a pic ? Is this for plants you planted or all bushes ?

Do you currently have snow ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 23 (1,916 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

@crinrict It’s winter right now and bushes and flowers that always changed colour before are still very green (like they haven’t change from summer to winter) but it doesn’t happen with the tree. 

Message 4 of 23 (1,907 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

I'm also seeing this in my game after the Sept 3/20 game update.

Here are some shots from before the update (I got them from a video recorded before the update where it's still winter):

Here are some screenshots of from after the game update (same save, similar locations as the before shots, and it's still winter, but it's night time in both shots):

It's a bit hard to see, but in the after screenshots the hedge (from Island Living) has the flowers on it, which it doesn't in the before screenshot.  In the second screenshot, the shrubs and grass in the world are also more green in the after screenshot than the before screenshot.

My game version is PC: 1.66.139.1020, no mods/cc in my game, I have all the packs up to and including Nifty Knitting, and I repaired my game after the update.

Best regards,
Jennifer

Message 5 of 23 (1,829 Views)

Hero
@SabiDesbiens Actually found an older report for this.

Merged your thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 23 (1,795 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Expert

I can confirm that I had some very green plants in the winter prior to the Sept 3, 2020 patch. This pic was taken before I installed the patch:

winter hedge 2.JPG

I can also confirm that there appears to be even more very green plants in the winter after the  Sept. 3 patch. Here is a pic I took in Newcrest prior to installing patch:

winter hedge 1.JPG

Here is a pic at the same lot, same in-game day, after installing the patch:

winter hedge 3.JPG

Message 7 of 23 (1,771 Views)

★ Novice

I'm also having this issue. I've also noticed sims washing in snow like it's raining and having thunderstorm moodlets in a blizzard.

Message 8 of 23 (1,714 Views)
Highlighted

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [S] Some plants are still green in winter

★★★ Novice

Hi everyone!

I have the same issue with mostly bushes, (debug and non-debug), which doesn't want to change with seasons, not just on usable lots, but in the world, too.

I currently have Fall in my game, but the issue is the same with winter as well.

I have all EP, GP, SP installed.

Update 9/3/2020

PC: 1.66.139.1020

I first saw this bug a couple of days ago, before that it was just fine, all bushes were aligned with the current season.

All lots in all worlds are affected by it.

I removed all my CC (only CAS).

I removed the 2 MODs I use: T.O.O.L. Mod, More CAS Columns Mod.

I had the Red Shelf in my game, removed it as well.

I have reset all my user files as described in the factory reset.

I repaired the game via Origin.

I reinstalled the game completely and started a whole new game/save it without any older saves, tray items, CC or Mod.

Nothing helped to fix my game.

I did use the seasons.advance_seasons cheat once, but I don't think this has anything to do with it.

All help and suggestions are much appreciated!

Thank you.

Here are some screenshots:

Capture01_fall.PNG

Capture02_winter.PNG

Message 9 of 23 (1,660 Views)

Several Plants No Longer Change for the Seasons (Began with September Patch)

★★★★ Novice

Which language are you playing the game in? English
What is your current game version number? 1.67.45.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? EPs: Get To Work, Get Together, City Living, Cats & Dogs, Seasons, Get Famous, Island Living, Discover University GPs: Dine Out, Vampires, Parenthood, Jungle Adventure SPs: Cool Kitchen, Spooky, Movie Hangout, Romantic Garden, Kids Room, Fitness, Toddler, Laundry Day, My First Pet, Tiny Living
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 1. Have Seasons installed. 2. Play in winter.
What happens when the bug occurs? This is an aesthetic bug. A number of the build mode and world decor bushes/shrubs and the like that changed for the seasons (went dormant/lost flowers for the winter) no longer do so.
What do you expect to see? The plants are supposed to change for the seasons and go dormant for the winter.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. This bug appeared with the September patch. I use Custom Content, but I have removed CC to verify that this isn't a mod issue, and it's still there.

I can give a comparison shot of what it was before the patch and what it is now. I do have to note that the before and after both have a mod that modifies the color of the grass for the winter.  That mod has nothing to do with this bug. As I said above, I have tested this without mods.

Before (Where the plants behave like they should):

Before, ignore the terrain mod

AFTER (Where the plants now stick out like a sore thumb):

After

Some more screenshots of how glaring this bug is:

Message 10 of 23 (1,574 Views)