by crinrict

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] [S] Sims don't use inside community pools in autumn and winter

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Deutsch
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? n/a
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Place community pools in your worlds (I tested pools in Willow Creek and Brindleton Bay) and send your played Sim to the lot during the four different seasons.
What happens when the bug occurs? While everything is ok in spring and summer, the townies' behavior changes in autumn and winter. In autumn nobody will swim autonomously. Instead Sims use the hot tub or sit on benches or on the edges of the pool. In winter no townie will visit the lot at all. Your played Sims stays alone the whole day. This happens also in indoor pools with thermostat heating.
What do you expect to see? I expect townies to swim in all seasons at least in indoor pools.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Since Seasons

This may very well be a design choice to avoid mass freezings in outdoor pools. However it is a pity that indoor pools don't get used in the cold seasons because winter indoor swimming would be a nice and logical hobby. Perhaps this can be fixed.

Message 1 of 12 (1,735 Views)

Re: [S] Sims don't use community pools in autumn and winter

Hero
Could be either an oversight but I'm currently leaning towards this being feedback.

Tagging as unsure for now.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 12 (1,666 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

I don't have Seasons, but this sounds By Design to me also, because don't outdoor pools in the real world close at the end of summer for the year?

EDIT: Oops, missed your remark about indoor pools. Embarrassed Yeah, THAT needs to be addressed.

ANOTHER EDIT: Could it somehow be related to this?: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-S-Outside-seasons-activity-happening-inside/m-p/6882253#M...

Message 3 of 12 (1,648 Views)

Hero
I don't think it's related. I think they just didn't think about indoor pools or it's not as easy to implement and was not worth the trouble.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 12 (1,632 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@crinrict: Okay, I was just wondering. Standard smile

Message 5 of 12 (1,617 Views)

Re: [UNSURE] [S] Sims don't use inside community pools in autumn and winter

EA Sims Team

Hello @alanmichael1

I've been told that it may be by design, or a bug, depending on how the lot has been built.  Would you be willing to share your save file, or upload the lot to the Gallery, or share some screenshots of the lot, so my team can take a look? 

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 6 of 12 (1,585 Views)

★★★★ Pro

Hello @SimQARobo

Thanks for your help! The lot is on the Gallery, it's the "Pool of Moonlight Falls" (I recreated the Supernatural pool from TS3). You just have to add a thermostat to test it.

Kind regards

Message 7 of 12 (1,572 Views)

EA Sims Team

@alanmichael1

Thank you!  After looking at your lot, I was told that it appears to be a bug, so we'll look into it.

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 8 of 12 (1,548 Views)

★★★★ Pro

That's great! Thank you!

Message 9 of 12 (1,537 Views)
Highlighted

Hero
Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 12 (1,497 Views)