by unmog

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] [S] Sims Unable to Cool Off, and Die Shortly After

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.44.88.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get to work, Seasons, Dine Out
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 1) be in summer 2) Sim gets hot 3) Sim cannot cool off 4) Sim dies of heat
What happens when the bug occurs? The sims cannot cool themselves off and die of heat.
What do you expect to see? Sims should be able to cool off indoors and get rid of the "Burning to death" moodlet.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

So tonight, I've had a sim be indoors inside of an air conditioned house and die of heat. I don't know the cause, but he couldn't cool off and soon died. My other and final sim was indoors the whole day, and after 2 minutes of being inside she too, died of heat. I rage quit my game so I don't have any screenshots, but I didn't save so they're still alive.

Message 1 of 8 (1,942 Views)

Re: Sims Unable to Cool Off, and Die Shortly After.

Hero

Did they get the burning to death moodlet inside or outside ? Does the one where it just says they're hot expire when they go inside ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 8 (1,911 Views)

★★★ Novice

Sim 1 got the burning to death moodlet inside (he also had his summer clothes on), I instructed him to go into a kiddie pool but he shortly perished after being in there for 20 sim minutes. Sim 2 got the moodlet outside, I instructed her to go inside the air conditioned home, where she had a quick shower, and died shortly after.

Message 3 of 8 (1,904 Views)

Hero

Do you have a backup from before they died ? Any of the automatic ones ? If so, can you reproduce it ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 8 (1,897 Views)

★★★ Novice

I don't have any backups unfortunately.

Message 5 of 8 (1,891 Views)

Hero
Haven't come across this myself so I would probably need save.

Next time you get that moodlet, could you save your game under a new name as backup and then play on to see if it happens again.

I'll tag this as needs input for the moment to see if others have the same issue

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 8 (1,878 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [S] Sims Unable to Cool Off, and Die Shortly After

★★★ Apprentice
I've had this a lot during the summer, an inordinately high number of sims with the overheated moodlet, usually ones I'm not playing, that die shortly after because all they will do is stand in one spot and wipe their forehead bent over like they're exhausted (indoors and out). It got so bad I just had to turn off seasons affecting them. If they have bladder issues, they go find a bathroom, you'd think they'd take a cold shower (couple times gets them back to normal) or drink a glass of water if they're at the gym, for example....

Not come in overheated, wipe their forehead a couple times like they've just had it and proceed to jump on the treadmill until the reaper comes to finish them off. :-/
Message 7 of 8 (1,827 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [S] Sims Unable to Cool Off, and Die Shortly After

★★★★★ Novice
I agree the sims should do something automatically to fix it. But I also think they shouldnt just die from being too hot or cold. Just give them a big penalty and maybe add to the description ways to fix it.

Burning to death for example can be fixed by drinking a glass of water at a sink. I thought taking a shower or bath or swimming would help, but it didnt. Also going inside or changing clothes didnt work unlike what the description of the moodlet said.
Message 8 of 8 (1,786 Views)