[OPEN] Sims Getting Trophy For Non Goaled Parties (Good Reputation)

by canelacaliente

Original Post

Re: [S] Sims Getting Trophies For Non Goaled Parties Thrown on Holidays

★★ Novice

One of my saves has been doing the same thing. I also have no cc or mods installed. The difference is that this occurs for all un-goaled events, not only those on Holidays. Has anyone found or seen a solution?

Apologies if I didn't follow a certain formatting in my reply -- I've never used the forum before.

Message 11 of 47 (960 Views)

[UNSURE] Unranked birthday party gave bronze reward (Good reputation)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Suomi
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? 1.68.154.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get Together, Get To Work, City Living, Get Famous, Island Living, Seasons, Discover University, Realm of Magic, Vampires, Journey to Batuu, Parenthood, Strangerville, In the Jungle, Spooky Stuff and Laundry Day Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 1. Organize a birthday party 2. Wait for the social event to end 3. Get notification about gaining bronze reward for the event (can be confirmed from menu where you choose which type of event to organize).
What happens when the bug occurs? The social event goes fine until it reaches it's end. After the event is over, the Sim receives a bronze award even though the event was unranked.
What do you expect to see? Sims should not get rewards for not attempting ranked social events.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I have a new teen Sim (started before the latest patch) and I only tried to age her up first time today. After organizing her birthday party, she received the bronze award for the party even though I had chosen unranked social event. This feels like a glitch or an exploit that should not happen.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title

Message 12 of 47 (1,133 Views)

Re: Unranked birthday party gave bronze reward

Hero
@KnightGoblin8 Is it just for birthday parties or all parties ?

I tested the birthday party and did absolutely nothing and didn't get an award.

Is it for birthday parties only for you or all of them ? Did you blow out candles at the party ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 13 of 47 (1,108 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

@crinrictSo far I was only able to test it with birthday party. The Sim blew out the candles at the party so maybe that made the difference? I forgot to mention that it was also the Winter Holiday but that is not a ranked event anyway.

Message 14 of 47 (1,100 Views)

Hero
@KnightGoblin8 I tested with new year event present so that's probably not it.

Could you test again without doing anyways ?

Was the blowing out candles successful or did you have a reset ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 15 of 47 (1,094 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

@crinrictI will test that later today. I guess might need to start a new save as for that Sim the even is now marked bronze.

The blowing out candles reset the Sim initially multiple times after which I quit the game. After I restarted the game (the event was still going) blowing out candles worked as it was supposed to.

Message 16 of 47 (1,092 Views)

Hero
@KnightGoblin8 I wonder if the birthday cake issue is related to this. Would be good if you could also test a different event.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 17 of 47 (1,090 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

@crinrict Ok I will do that. Thanks for the suggestion.

I tried hosting an unranked House Party and Spooky Party. Ending both prematurely before the timer ran out still gave me the bronze award for each social event.

Message 18 of 47 (1,087 Views)

Hero
@KnightGoblin8 did you end them all prematurely ? I let it finish maybe that's the difference ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 19 of 47 (1,060 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@crinrict I did! I guess I could try to let the timer run out too. I'll try that right away.
Message 20 of 47 (1,058 Views)