by SproutLee

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] [S] Shower Glass Freezing During Winter

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.50.67.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Place the shower from Spa Day inside during winter
What happens when the bug occurs? The glass freezes even though it's inside
What do you expect to see? no freezing
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

01-29-19_10-17-22 PM.pngExample 

Message 1 of 8 (1,236 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT/A] [S] Shower Glass Freezing During Winter

EA Sims Team

Hello @SproutLee 

Is the room fully enclosed?

Also, are other objects/showers affected as well?

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 2 of 8 (1,189 Views)

★★★★ Guide

The room is fully enclosed & this only happens to this shower. 

Message 3 of 8 (1,185 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA Sims Team

@SproutLee 

I see.  Would you be willing to share your save file?  If so, please send me a private message with a link to the file(s).

Instructions on how to send files is here:
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 4 of 8 (1,174 Views)

EA Sims Team

@SproutLee 

Now I'm not sure if this is actually an issue.  I looked at what the shower looked like when Spa Day shipped, and it also had opaque windows like that.  Also, I looked at the saves you sent and did not notice a difference between the shower in the winter versus in the summer.

Message 5 of 8 (1,105 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@SimQARobo I believe it has to be freezing outside, not just winter. So basically when all the windows are frozen over.
Message 6 of 8 (1,097 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [S] Shower Glass Freezing During Winter

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@SimQARobo  I'm having the same issue with the same shower in my game during winter. So I can see this hasn't been fixed :\

Message 7 of 8 (974 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [S] Shower Glass Freezing During Winter

★★ Apprentice

I've been having the same problem. Looks like this particular shower's glass acts exactly as window glass. It gets frozen once the windows get frozen. The room is fully enclosed with a roof on top. I have this problem every time the windows in the house freeze over. When they return to normal, the shower door looks fine too.

Message 8 of 8 (900 Views)