by justchrisuk

Original Post

[OPEN] [S] Season's weather controller is not retaining forecast changes

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.68.156.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansion, game and stuff packs.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Buy a Dr. June's Weather Control Device and upgrade with Capacitive Efficiency. Alter current seasons forecast to something other than 'normal'. Travel to any other lot and then return. Forecast will reset back to 'normal'.
What happens when the bug occurs? Season's forecast resets to normal when you travel away from the lot containing the weather controller.
What do you expect to see? Change to the forecast should be retained through the current season.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Patch 1.68.154.1020

Tested this on existing and new saves in mulple worlds, same problem occuring in all.

Thanks for checking this out.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title

Message 1 of 12 (2,332 Views)

Re: Season's weather controller is not retaining forecast changes

Hero
@justchrisuk Was this different before or always this way ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 12 (2,308 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
Hi Crin

Prior to the Snowy Escape patch when you set a season forecast it used to last right through the season. So you could make it particularly cold, dry etc.

It applied by world, for example, you could set a 'wet' summer in Windenburg while having 'dry' summer in Willow Creek by using an upgraded weather machine on a lot in each of these worlds. Now the selection always returns to 'normal' as soon as you travel away from the lot containing the weather machine.

Thanks

Chris

Message 3 of 12 (2,304 Views)

Hero
@justchrisuk OK. thanks for the info.

Never really used the machine other than to troubleshoot something so it's always good to know if something never worked or stopped working.

I know you put it's happening since the patch but wanted to make sure it did work before :D

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 12 (2,299 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

@crinrict Hi Crin

No worries, always good to check.

It is an obscure issue to spot because the game play only happens on an upgraded object and the effect only influences the weather; it doesn't override it completely. So, I'm completely sure that the setting on the weather machine used to stay set and influence the weather throughout the current season, and now the setting is lost when you travel. I'm pretty sure that the influence of this setting on the current seasons weather is also lost, but it isn't possible to be completely sure on that. I hope that makes some sense.

For example, I'm currently playing in the Senbamachi neighbourhood of Mt. Komorebi, it's fall and seems to rain a lot. I have an upgraded weather controller on the Izakaya Ippai community lot, which I use to set the fall forecast to 'dry'. If you remain on this lot the rain clears up so the weather influence seems to work. Rechecking the fall forecast on the weather controller, while still on this lot, the setting shows as 'dry'. However, once I return home, the 5-6-1 Shinrinyoku lot, it won't be long before the rain returns. Going back to the Izakaya Ippai lot and checking the weather controller fall forecast shows it is back to 'normal', and, as it is now raining, the influence of the 'dry' setting also seems to have been lost.

To check this wasn't a problem with using the weather controller on a community lot I did the opposite in a new save from Willow Creek. Upgrading a weather controller on a residential lot, setting the fall forecast to 'cold', which seemed to influence the weather. Once I'd travelled to a community lot and returned home the weather controller setting was definitely lost, back to 'normal', and the cold influence seemed to have been lost as well.

Thanks for your help

Chris

Message 5 of 12 (2,276 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@justchrisuk Pickup the weather machine and drop it in the household inventory save game and place the weather machine back onto the lot. since seasonal weather has been effected with snowy escape your need to reset your weather machine.
Message 6 of 12 (2,250 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@Sid1701d9

Hi

Thank you for the suggestion, I gave it a go but unfortunately it didn't work. The weather controller held my chosen season forecast when placed into the family inventory, and saved, but lost it again as soon as I travelled to a different lot.

Neither of the weather controllers I'm trying were in game prior to the Snowy Escape patch. So, as a matter of interest, I also tried one that was in the game prior to the patch but the same problem is present.

Never mind, thanks again anyway.

Chris
Message 7 of 12 (2,245 Views)

Hero

I've noticed this as well.  It has been going on for a while before Snowy Escape.  I think it happened either with Eco Lifestyle or one of the patches since. As @justchrisuk says, whenever you travel, the weather machine resets.

Message 8 of 12 (2,240 Views)

Weather forecast is reset when traveling in the same world again

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform: PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Deutsch
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.86.166.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Put weather machine on the lot, an improvement with which it is possible to use the weather forecast. Then set it to "Hot", for example.
What happens when the bug occurs? The weather forecast is reset when traveling in the same world.
What do you expect to see? That the weather forecast is not reset when you travel in the same world.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Just set up a weather machine and improve it with the "Change weather forecast". Then set it to "Hot" for example, and then travel to another lot in the same world, then the weather forecast will reset. If you then look at the weather machine "Change weather forecast", then it says "Normal weather" again.

Edit:
I didn't know anyone had already reported it, but thanks for moving it. Hopefully the bug will be fixed sometime

Message 9 of 12 (1,942 Views)

Re: Weather forecast is reset when traveling in the same world again

★★ Guide

I found out a little something:
I have only played with the Seasons Pack. I followed the steps below and it stayed saved! It must be one of the packs that can cause the error.

Message 10 of 12 (1,663 Views)