Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [S] [GF] Children School Activity: Too late for meeting

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Deutsch
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? n/a
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? start Scout Career and attending the meetings
What happens when the bug occurs? Scouts Meeting starts at 2 pm and my kid is on its way ( like attending school) and the Scouts interface will say "too late for meeting" but it's just 2 pm and not 3 pm or later. The kid can't be late because its still on time. Later this will effect my rating for the scouts career negatively.
What do you expect to see? Scout should go to meeting without getting the "too late" warning popping up just after the beginning.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Pfadfinder Treffen.PNG (german interface) you can see the red warning over the kid's heads and on the right side the warning for "too late for meeting" 

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag

Edit by PoptartJuniper: Merged post contained 5 "Me Too" clicks.

Message 1 of 15 (2,483 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [FIXED] [S] [GF] Children School Activity: Too late for meeting

Hero

Your Sims who are right on time to activity meetings no longer are chastised for being late.

Fixed in Patch 1.85.203/1.55

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 15 of 15 (1,114 Views)

All Replies

Re: [OPEN] [S] Scout Career - too late for meeting

Hero
Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 15 (2,411 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [S] Scout Career - too late for meeting

★★ Guide

I'm having this bug, too. Just wanted to add that it also affects the sims' responsibility negatively. 

Message 3 of 15 (2,386 Views)

[PS4] Scouts Always Late for Meetings

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
What is your current game version number? 1.15
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Seasons, Cats and Dogs, City Living, Get to work, Jungle Adventure, Parenthood, Vampires, Dine Out, Toddler Stuff, Spooky Stuff, Cool Kitchen Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a child or teen in the scouts. Have them go to their meeting.
What happens when the bug occurs? The scout is listed as late at 2:01 and the work bar flashes red.
What do you expect to see? Scouts being able to not be marked late for their meetings 1 minute after the meeting starts. They don't even have time to walk out the front door before being marked late.The meeting starts at 2:00 and even if they are at the front of a lot it still takes them at least 10 minutes to get out the door to their meeting.The scout is always late for their meetings and they lose responsibility points because of this
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

It's impossible to get to scout meetings on time and the children lose responsibility because they are always marked late.

Message 4 of 15 (1,557 Views)

Re: [PS4] Scouts Always Late for Meetings

★★★★★ Guide
This issue occurs regardless of version; it's been happening even in the PC version as well.

I think it has to do with the time frame that each of the after-school activities are set for; it happens also with Drama Club and with the Barista job.

(Interesting enough though, the Barista job doesn't start marking you as late until 20 mins after the start time.)

- B
Message 5 of 15 (1,533 Views)

Hero
There's a separate thread for PC here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/TO-ADD-S-Scout-Career-too-late-for-meeting/td-p/6883766/

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 15 (1,522 Views)

Hero (Retired)
I forgot about the barista job. I had a teen doing that one too and was always having to up her responsibility because by the time she got off the lot she was late and lost responsibility.
Message 7 of 15 (1,515 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [S] [GF] Children School Activity: Too late for meeting

★★★ Apprentice

Wow, this has been here since 2018? Frown I still have this bug too and it's so frustrating when you're trying so hard to make your sims do everything on time and raise their responsibility... I hope EA will fix this soon...

Message 8 of 15 (1,728 Views)

Negative responsibility after coming back from scouting

★ Guide

Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Nederlands
What is your current game version number? 1.81.72.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them except Journey to Batu
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a child sim go to scouting
What happens when the bug occurs? When the child comes back it gives the kid negative responsibility.
What do you expect to see? At least no negative responsibility. I don't really mind if it doesn't get positive either but the negative is really annoying. And it's weird. Why would a child get negative responsibility after he went to scouting....
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.

So yea... What to do...

Message 9 of 15 (1,380 Views)

Re: Negative responsibility after coming back from scouting

Hero (Retired)

@Kimo0wW I've merged your post into the current bug report for this issue. Please click the "Me Too" button at the bottom of the first post on the first page of the thread.

The negative responsibility comes from them being late, but they can't ever be on time since they are late at 2:01 and any walk to the front of the lot adds more time.

Message 10 of 15 (1,330 Views)