by DizzyDee-K

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT/A] Style Influencer effecting Grim's outfit

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.51.77.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a Style Influencer design some outfits.
What happens when the bug occurs? Grim occasionally shows up in one of the Style Influencer's designed outfits.
What do you expect to see? Grim wearing Grim's normal outfit.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The patch that added the Style Influencer career.

This is just not right. Tho he does look quite natty.

05-04-19_7:56:45 PM.jpg

Message 41 of 61 (1,233 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT/A] Style Influencer effecting Grim's outfit

Hero

@DizzyDee-K 

merged your post with existing thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 42 of 61 (1,179 Views)

★★★★ Guide
Truth, it is glitchy as heck, but it's also one of the more hilarious of glitches in the game, and without it I wouldn't a) know Grim was such a trendy guy and b) know that Patchy is bald.(no shade to bald sims/people). Kind of prefer this to watching the Flower Bunny "speaking but not really". That is just too creepy and weirds me out.XD
Message 43 of 61 (1,169 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I Get the same problem all the time! I know the problem isn't mods since I'm on Console but once patchy came into his human form and I didn't know who he was.

He was bald wearing an orange hoodie from Cool Kitchen Stuff with sweatpants from Get Famous(Which is one of my famous sims' outfits) I recreated what he looked like in CAS but it won't be exact. I don't know if it was meant to happen or if it is a glitch. This doesn't only happen to NPCs it also happens to some of my played sims, sometimes they even end up wearing outfits of their own famous relatives, boyfriends/girlfriends and etc. It was really disappointing to see patchy like that, I had downloaded Seasons a while before that but never got the chance to see Patchy off his tree.2019-06-29_4-24-47_PM-4wlxdm0z.png

Message 44 of 61 (1,067 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

This just happened to me for the first time today. Patchy showed up inside the house a few days ago for the first time (scared the crap outta me) - but today he showed up in one of my famous Sims outfits.

I think, in my case, it's the "Trailblazer" perk - one below the "Lifestyle Brand" perk for famous Sims.

It *is* funny - but some "occupations" (like Grim and the Scarecrow) should not be subject to the whims of current fashion!

Message 45 of 61 (1,037 Views)

★ Expert

I also had issues with patchy appearing (and yup- bald). He also had no name listed in the relationship panel, and when he passed from old age he was listed as "____ has died" (I knew it was patchy because of his appearance). This happened after I had deleted patchy from my sims lot (so that I could keep the lot after disabling seasons). I didn't expect Patchy to remain in relationship panel after having deleting him from the lot.

Message 46 of 61 (962 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [S] Scarecrow/Grim Reaper gets human form and wears Sim's outf

★★★★★ Apprentice

For obvious reasons, the Grim Reaper dressed up in an outfit that one of the Style Influencers gave the rest of the Sims at some point.
This is on version 1.63.133.1020 with all expansion packs installed except for Eco Lifestyle.
No CC's or mods. The last significant change I made on my PC was getting that all-important Windows 10 Update 2004. 

Spoiler
You should probably wait.

Message 47 of 61 (827 Views)

Bonehilda in the shower, woohoo.

★ Guide

suddenly w this interaction Bonehilda grows long red hair during the towel animation.  after the Woohoo she'll return to her normal maid outfit.  i have tryed other instances, bed and dumpster, those her outfit/skin doesn't change.  seems to be a bug directly attributed to her "nude/towel" outfit.

Vers: 1.77.146.1030

DLCs: All, namely Paranormal.

Occurance: 100%

Mods: none, never.

Message 48 of 61 (811 Views)

Re: Bonehilda in the shower, woohoo.

Champion

@Applecorn80 , well Bonehilda is a maid, so it is no wonder that she prefers her woohoo location to be clean! 😉🤣
Thanks for the picture! 

I checked the Bug Reports section of Answers HQ (we are currently in the General Discussion and Feedback section) and couldn't find this bug. 
Do you use any Mods or CC?  If you do did you test your game for this problem with your Mods folder temporarily removed from your game (onto your Desktop ) and delete your localthumbcache.package file?  If you did and the problem still occurs, please file a Bug Report about this discovery here: The Sims 4 | Forum | Bug Reports | EA Answers HQ

Please update us on your situation!  😇

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 49 of 61 (746 Views)

Re: Bonehilda in the shower, woohoo.

★★★★ Expert

My understanding is that Bonehilda is just a normal redhead if you do something the game doesn't expect, like add her to your household.  I guess they didn't expect shower woohoo, either.  :D

Message 50 of 61 (713 Views)