Original Post

Highlighted

[OPEN] [S] Special NPCs get human form and wears Sim's outfit

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.48.94.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? not sure since I don't know what is causing it and it is random.
What happens when the bug occurs? When Patchy the Scarecrow comes to life he is human and wearing clothes that my male sim wears.
What do you expect to see? A scarecrow
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

When the scarecrow comes to life it often takes on a human form and is dressed in the same clothes I have selected for my male sim.  His human appearance is always the same, a bald male.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title

Message 1 of 61 (5,095 Views)

Re: scarecrow becomes human

Hero

Hi @Jan_831 

have you chosen the lifestyle brand where you set a trend as what Sims wear ? Don't remember what it's called but that might be the cause.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 61 (5,031 Views)

★ Guide
Hi Crin,
No, I have never chosen the lifestyle brand perk so that would not be the reason for the problem.
Message 3 of 61 (5,008 Views)

EA Staff

Hi @Jan_831 

Would you be willing to send your save files?  If so, instructions are here:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

That would help us a lot!.

Thank you very much!         

Message 4 of 61 (5,006 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

That is the cause in my own save, and I thought it was by design. My original played sim is a style influencer and created a masculine trend. Didn't realize they'd always be bald--that's an interesting tidbit, though I shouldn't be surprised as I found out a bit ago that all colors of Patchy are still the same guy (he gets lots of loving in my saves--not always prompted). hehe (no hate on appearance, either. Bald can be very sexy.)

Message 5 of 61 (4,992 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Hi @ SimGurulcarus,
I messaged you with links to my latest saved game where this problem and the problem with the maid I mentioned in a separate post both occur.

Message 6 of 61 (4,973 Views)

Hero

Added this

@Jan_831 Did you use that style influencer career as @bookmaster325 described ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 7 of 61 (4,956 Views)

★ Guide

No, I have never used the style influencer at all, so I am pretty sure that is not the reason.

Message 8 of 61 (4,945 Views)

Random sims are changing into my famous sims clothes

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I don't know why but randomly, other sims change their clothes to match my famous sim's clothing and I don't know if its supposed to happen or if its a result of some issue with my mods. Mods include: book of chaos, MCCC, extreme violence, vampire bug fix, eternal youth and immortality, swipe without kleptomaniac trait, deadly hand buzzer, sim torments mod, sorcery mod and i think that was all of them when the weird thing occurred.

Message 9 of 61 (5,012 Views)

Re: Random sims are changing into my famous sims clothes

Hero

Hi @RandomGameNerd 

There's a lifestyle brand that does this. Bit unsure of the name right now. Also if you use the Style Influencer Career there's something similar that makes other Sims wear what your Sims wear.

It's a feature :D

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 61 (4,996 Views)