Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [S] [ROM] Table Gnome spawning for Harvestfest

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.56.52.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get Famous, Vampires, Seasons, Get to Work, Cats and Dogs, Island Living, Realm of Magic, Spooky Stuff, Get Together
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Celebrate Harvestfest
What happens when the bug occurs? When the gnomes spawn for Harvestfest, the new gnome table that was added in the pre-ROM patch is one of the three gnomes, and cannot be appeased for tradition completion.
What do you expect to see? All gnomes that spawn on Harvestfest to be the type that can be appeased for the holiday tradition
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The pre-Realm of Magic patch that added extra loungers, tables, and rotating stairs along with this table gnome.

This bug might be smaller, but I like to be able to complete holidays successfully with my whole family. Depending on the size of my family at the time (how many children in particular since gnomes is the only tradition they care about), it can cause me to not have enough gnomes for everyone to have a successful holiday. I listed as frequent and not every time because I have been dealing with it in my saves for a little while now and I honestly can't remember if I have had a harvestfest without this gnome, but it might actually be spawning every time, when I feel like it shouldn't spawn at all. Or if it does, it should have a way to appease it to complete the tradition like the regular gnomes.

Message 1 of 13 (3,480 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [S] [ROM] Table Gnome spawning for Harvestfest

EA Sims Team

Hello.

We released a PC/Mac patch today (version 1.59.73) that may have fixed this issue. If this issue is still occurring for you on PC/Mac after updating your game, let us know.

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

View in thread

Message 8 of 13 (3,141 Views)

All Replies

★★★★★ Guide

Whoops, oversight, perhaps?

One thing you could try, though, is manually buying and placing a gnome you know works from Build Mode. I had to do this when I switched from one house (which automatically spawned a gnome) to another, and no gnome was present, and that counted for the Tradition.

Message 2 of 13 (3,383 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

I can confirm that I also had the table gnome spawn for Harvestfest and that there were no options to 'appease' it, however, I second @StarryMight 's suggestion of getting a gnome (or gnomes) from build/buy mode. I always do this when there aren't enough generated for my full household and interacting with any gnomes (excluding the new table one of course) will satisfy the tradition.

Best regards,
Jennifer

Message 3 of 13 (3,345 Views)

★ Guide

Easy fix: delete Gnomes from the Harvestfest holiday. Problem solved.

The gnomes are glitchy in so many ways (I've had that problem and many other similar ones as well). I wince every time the Harvestfest notification pops up.

Seriously, who does gnomes on Harvestfest (Thanksgiving, Sukkot, etc.) in real life? "Happy Thanksgiving, Grandma, I brought green bean casserole and 16 packs of garden seeds." Kill the gnomes.

Message 4 of 13 (3,286 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

@sleekoduck87You can just cancel the Harvestfest before the gnomes appear. Or remove it completely by using the calendar.

Message 5 of 13 (3,265 Views)

Anonymous

Just had table gnome, so only two of my three sims who Love that tradition can do it Frown

Message 6 of 13 (3,192 Views)

Champion
@Anonymous you should be able to just buy more gnomes. The ones that appear for harvestfest are just regular gnomes like the ones you buy from the catalogue. After you place them down, they should start teleporting around just like the others.
Message 7 of 13 (3,174 Views)

EA Sims Team

Hello.

We released a PC/Mac patch today (version 1.59.73) that may have fixed this issue. If this issue is still occurring for you on PC/Mac after updating your game, let us know.

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 8 of 13 (3,142 Views)

Hero

● The pedestal gnome (pedestal_EF18GENgnome) will no longer spawn as part of the Harvestfest gnomes tradition.
○ He’s a table, he knows he’s a table, he doesn’t have any illusions to the contrary

Fixed in Patch 1.59.73

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 9 of 13 (3,137 Views)

Upside down gnome not responding to any appeasement

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.59.73.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? expansions Island Living Seasons Cats and dogs City Living Get together Get to work packs realm of magic strangerville vampires outdoor retreat Stuff packs Toddler stuff Free Stuff Holiday celebration Grimms Ghoulish Guitar
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? When the "upside down gnome" appears on Harvestfest and you attempt to appease it. None of the items work. I even tested it with 12 of the same gnome and gave each 6 the items twice and only appeased it once with pie. So when it is not appeased it dumps trash all over the lot.
What happens when the bug occurs? None of the six selections will appease the Upside Down Gnome.
What do you expect to see? One of the selections( fruit cake, salad, coffee, pie, toy or future cube) to appease this gnome. Is this meant to occur or is it a glitch?
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. 9-15-19 update This was when the new Gnome was added.

Attached screen clip of the affected gnome. 

Message 10 of 13 (3,202 Views)