Original Post

Accepted Solution

[OPEN] Plants look dead while being in season and functional

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Nederlands
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.77.131.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Grow a plant?
What happens when the bug occurs? The plants are functional but look out of season ( dead)
What do you expect to see? It fixed. Plants should look vibrant and not dead while in season!
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

So since the new expansion pack cotton living I experience that all my plants look dead. Although they are functional due to the right season... they do not display as such. The new plants that come with cottage living do not have this problem. They all look healthy and in season. 

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag

Message 6 of 76 (5,385 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] Plants look dead while being in season and functional

[ Edited ]
EA Staff

Marked as Solution for Visibility. This is still an open issue.

Hello All,

If anyone of you are still encountering this (without mods), would you be willing to share your save file(s)?

If so, please send me a private message with a link to the file.

Instructions here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

Thanks!

EDIT: The team no longer needs saves for this issue, and will investigate.  Thanks to all that sent saves or information for this.

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

View in thread

Message 72 of 76 (3,728 Views)

All Replies
Highlighted

[OPEN] [S] Plant in season during fall/winter are withered in fall/winter

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.48.94.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Look at any plant in season in fall and winter in fall and winter
What happens when the bug occurs? Plants in season in fall and winter are withered in said seasons
What do you expect to see? Plants in season should not be withered husks
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag

Message 1 of 76 (3,666 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [S] Plant in season during fall/winter are withered in fall/wi

Hero
Adding as needs input for now.

Does anyone else have issues with this ?

Does this happen to all your plants or only on your active lot ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 76 (3,613 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [S] Plant in season during fall/winter are withered in fall/wi

★★★ Pro
Laptop mode. Winter. Will the bugs be fixed? Many times already written. You always ignore (((
Message 3 of 76 (3,555 Views)

★★★ Pro
@crinrict В режиме "ноутбука" многие растения в городах не покрываются снегом. Если на улице идет дождь, снег, то в окно из дома его не видно. Эта проблема у всех кто играет в режиме "Ноутбука"
Message 4 of 76 (3,320 Views)

Hero
@Chetkaja Could you please stick to english or post in the Russian forum ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 76 (3,318 Views)

Re: Plants look dead while being in season and functional since cottage living.

Hero
@LeCheffre Can't really tell from your pic, is there green smoke or is it just the lighting being off ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 76 (5,346 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@crinrict No there is no green smoke as in rotten. The plants just look like they are out of season. Not giving the vibrant green lush season color when in season.
Message 8 of 76 (5,337 Views)

Hero
@LeCheffre There's an older thread here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/TO-TEST-S-Plants-in-season-during-fall-winter-are-withered-in/... that was specific to in season plants during fall/winter though

What season is it in your game ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 76 (5,331 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@crinrict Okay so. It is spring day 9 out of 14. I did a test on a new household so I could speed the days up. at literally the last day of spring before entering summert. be it a week or 2 week cycle, the carrot plant shows its lush vibrant color like it should be. So does the rest of the neightborhood. LAST DAY of spring. That is ridiculous. Because one day after they go instant ugly again because it comes out of season!
Message 10 of 76 (5,324 Views)