[NEEDS INPUT] [S] Patchy's base burnt while Patchy away, so he is left wandering

by jessica-debanhi

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] [S] Patchy's base burnt while Patchy away, so he is left wandering

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? 1.46.18.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Expansion packs - Get to work, Get together, City living, Cats and Dogs, Seasons. Game Packs - Vampires, Spa Day, Outdoor Retreat, Dine Out, Parenthood. Stuff Packs - Vintage Glamour, Spooky Stuff, Movie Hangout, Bowling Night.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? When a storm is happening, wait until a thunder strike Patchy's base with Patchy being somewhere else and NOT on the base.
What happens when the bug occurs? Patchy is just left wandering around, not being able to return to their base.
What do you expect to see? Be able to put a base where an existing Patchy can sit, because every base already has a Patchy on it.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Patchy was just helping with the garden then an electric storm started. Patchy was still helping with the garden until a lighting stroke Patchy's base which burnt it to ashes. Then Patchy wanted to go back to the base, but Patchy is not possible to do so, since the base is not there anymore. Patchy has just been wandering. I don't want to deleted Patchy (if it is even possible) and I think it would be nice to be able to put an empty base so that Patchy can get back to the base in case anything happens to it again. 

Message 1 of 4 (1,043 Views)

Re: [TO TEST] [S] Patchy's base burnt while Patchy away, so he is left wandering

[ Edited ]
Hero

I've seen reports on this at the officials but for other people, he just went back to the burnt base. Did you remove that entirely ?

Here's the thread on the officials: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/16673673#Comment_16673673 for reference.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 4 (1,017 Views)

Re: [TO TEST] [S] Patchy's base burnt while Patchy away, so he is left wandering

Hero
Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 4 (959 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [S] Patchy's base burnt while Patchy away, so he is left wande

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

I've been through 3 or 4 patchys at this point between lightning and dryer fires (his stump on opposite side of dryer wall) - I have that under control now, but I have ONE patchy who comes back to mourn at my legacy ancestral grave. I mean, should I add him to family & delete?

This ss was taken at a time (3:30 p.m.) when Patchy should be out doing his thing - does the other patchy prevent him from caring for the garden?

Message 4 of 4 (444 Views)