Re: Umbrella, flower arrangement, sing together not working.

by crinrict

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] [S] Party Spirit Tradition : Sing together not working correctly

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Make a holiday. Pick traditions: Party Spirit, Romantic Spirit and Watch Romance TV
What happens when the bug occurs? I had a glitch when I made a wedding holiday. I had the option to "sing together" (Which had the Party Hat image beside the option., I am not sure if I ticked on a sim or the floor. Well, they sang but the female sim was caught in a continual loop of singing . The Male sims, cat and Patchy were able to continue to do actions. I sent the household in and out of map view (using the M Key} and nothing changed. I then sent the household to an empty lot and the male and female arrived on the lot standing in a T position...except the cat....I could hear the cat meowing but the cat was nowhere to be seen. I sent them all back home with the M key again and they snapped into the T position and the cat was still missing...but making sound. Patchy was in the house when they left (not household member) and snapped into T Position along with them. Nothing I did snapped them out. I quit but "saved as" and quit the game. There wasn't any last exception or error file.
What do you expect to see? I expected to see all sims sing together and then all the sims finish the action.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Second Seasons Patch

I had a glitch when I made a wedding holiday. I had the option to "sing together" (Which had the Party Hat image beside the option., I am not sure if I ticked on a sim or the floor. Well, they sang but the female sim was caught in a continual loop of singing . The Male sims, cat and Patchy were able to continue to do actions. I sent the household in and out of map view (using the M Key} and nothing changed. I then sent the household to an empty lot and the male and female arrived on the lot standing in a T position...except the cat....I could hear the cat meowing but the cat was nowhere to be seen. I sent them all back home with the M key again and they snapped into the T position and the cat was still missing...but making sound. Patchy was in the house when they left (not household member) and snapped into T Position along with them. Nothing I did snapped them out. I quit but "saved as" and quit the game. There wasn't any last exception or error file.

LInk to save:  https://drive.google.com/open?id=13DnBs-4KzzEmgCMxAF95O6qxhI5vxklp

Message 1 of 10 (1,761 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
Hero

HI @Buttonsginger

could you please split up your report in three different threads (unless you think they're the same bug)

I like to have one thread per issue.

You can just use this for issue one and then make new ones for the other two.

Thank you.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 10 (1,720 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

@crinrict  Oh, of course! 

EDIT: I have tired editing this thread and it will not update my changes . Nor can I make new posts. I'll keep trying.

EDIT EDIT:  Well, it finally updated my edit but now it shows several copies of the report. Sorry.

Thank you for your help. 

Message 3 of 10 (1,651 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Yeah, the template likes to do that.

I fixed it. Also edited your comments into one post to make the thread not getting to long :D

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 10 (1,601 Views)

Hero

On backlog testing list

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 10 (1,507 Views)

Hero

Hi @Buttonsginger

do you still get the singing issue too or was that a one time issue.

Mine are acting fine so it's hard to tell what's getting them stuck.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 10 (1,464 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

@crinrict I haven't tried it again. I Hope to get back in game over the next few days

Message 7 of 10 (1,440 Views)

Hero
Added as Needs Input

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 10 (1,403 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@crinrict I have had a couple more holidays and tried the sing together action (ticking floor) and no sims have gotten stuck singing again.  

Message 9 of 10 (1,374 Views)

Hero
Sounds like a one-off then.

There's no me toos either so I'll probably move this to the tech section on the next round.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 10 (1,368 Views)