by MeltingPenguins

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] [S] Outdoor plants marked as sheltered unter roof

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.62.67.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Discover University, Island Living, Get Famous, Seasons, Cats and Dogs, City Living, Get Together, Get to work, Realm of Magic, StrangerVille, Jungle Adventure, Parenthood, Vampire, Spa Day, Vintage Glamour Stuff, Perfect Patio Stuff, Outdoor Retreat, Cool Kitchen Stuff, Spooky Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Plant something outdoors directly next to the house so it's sort of under a bit of roof, respectively have a planter indoors and try to plant something when it's freezing cold outside.
What happens when the bug occurs? A plant outside will be marked as sheltered because of the roof, respectively an indoor plant can't be planted because it's too cold outside
What do you expect to see? Outdoor plants not being marked as sheltered just because of a bit of roof/being able to plant indoors regardless of weather.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

It's an odd thing I found upon gardening:

Plants under a square of roof will get marked as 'sheltered' even though they'd be all means be exposed to the weather etc, and indoor planters won't let me plant anything if it is too cold outside.

Message 1 of 4 (1,620 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [S] Outdoor plants marked as sheltered unter roof

Hero
@MeltingPenguins There's a thread here for the too cold message: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-SAVES-S-Can-t-plant-most-plants-too-cold/td-p/6880270

Keeping this to the sheltered issue

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 4 (1,553 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@MeltingPenguins 
Though it may not seem logical I believe the "sheltered" status is by design.
This has been the in place since gardening was overhauled in the patch before Seasons was released.
IMO I see this as a positive exploit to allow plants to be grown and harvested year round regardless of the season.

Game Version 1.63.136.1010

EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA but I do volunteer at AnswersHQ to help others with their game issues.
EAGameChanger - The Sims 4 Gallery Creator
Gallery Tag: #EQCreations
Message 3 of 4 (1,487 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I think is by desing, And anyway, I have plants outdoors but under a roof in real life and you have to care for them as they where indoors. They don't get watered by rain and the temperature indoors/outdoors isn't really that different. Indoors plant can also get bugs if you are not careful.

I mean, If the game alows you to keep summer plants indoors without a true heating/insulating system, or without proper sunlight. Then you should't be able to cultivate summer plants all year round regardless of walls. It's equally fantastic.

Message 4 of 4 (1,434 Views)